I stayed at The Lulworth Cove Inn when in the area for a wedding. It's a pretty little place, smelt of fresh paint and in beautiful surroundings. We were in room one, which is very spacious, comfortable and has an amazing shower. There's a roll-top bath in the room, which is amazing, until you remember it is next to the window and opposite is the main entrance and Lulworth Cove Visitor Centre. It's best to close the window blinds. The only downside to the room was it seems to be a Dignitas for dead flies. Even in December. Also, our toiletries were not automatically restocked, which was a bit if a pain.
Where the Lulworth Cove Inn let's itself down is downstairs in the pub/restaurant. I had no issue either the staff, who were very friendly and helpful. My issue was with the hot food. The cooked breakfast was bland and tasted cheap. There is a continental buffet, which was very good which also included hot pastries, which was a nice touch. We had a meal in there on one of the evenings and considering the location and potential of the place, was nothing more than the standard you would expect at a chain pub, such as a JD Wetherspoons. Except in price. It would have been amazing to be offered a fresh fish menu, or gastro pub style cuisine, but it just wasn't offered. It's a shame, as a good menu in a location like this would bring in a lot of year-round trade, in my opinion.
I would stay there again without question, but will be researching other places to eat in the area if I do. If there had been no dead flies, restocking of toiletries and better hot food I would have given this 5/5
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the doorstep of Lulworth Cove, boasting stunning coastal views and scenic Jurassic footpaths, the Lulworth Cove Inn is an idyllic location for paradise seekers. Offering award winning Badger cask ales, lagers from around the world and a menu full of fresh, unpretentious, seasonal dishes cooked by our team of talented chefs, using quality ingredients from our regional food partners.Our hospitable teams aim to make your day, whether it be a slight change to your meal, making a celebration extra special or simply providing you with a newspaper to read whilst sipping a refreshing drink in our garden or balcony.We take real pleasure in making your visit memorable and your retreat unforgettable. Lulworth Cove Inn offers 16 En-Suite rooms with WiFi access and stunning sea views ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Lulworth Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lulworth Cove Hotel West Lulworth
- Lulworth Cove Inn West Lulworth, Dorset