“Going back in time”

Lakeside International Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Frimley Green
“Going back in time”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I've wanted to stay here for years, the quality and standard is there it just feels very 80's but it isn't looking tired or worn out. It must be the peach colour??
The bed was really comfy and I had a great sleep.
I would use again and it was good value going through booking.com and breakfast was tasty apart from the cheap sausages!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This will be our third stay at this fantastic Htl I cant say any more than I've stayed in the best and paid top prices but this is my favourite, beds are so comfortable foods great and scenery that just makes you feel relaxed and its not costing a fortune I am booking a trip for a party of 30 and I just know everyone will love it . Staff are first class food perfect ( Its a dream break )

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeside view but don't worry you can sit outside and be served your drink at the side...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
mossley
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Ok for one night but it did feel a bit 80s everywhere . the view from the room was great overlooking the lake . i stayed in 157 which unfortunately has an enormous air con unit outside the window which means every hour it sounds like dr who is about to arrive in his tardis. i booked on laterooms which said i would get breakfast but i got told i wouldnt when i got there. i think a lick of paint wouldnt go amiss on the bedroom doors they are a revolting dark olive colour and are as thick as tissue paper.

• Stayed September 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Hotel ok (ish) but bad taste left in mouth after accidently leaving perfume in room on check out.
I would normally not bother to call but as it was expensive Christian Dior and working nearby I thought it was silly not too.
Phoned reception and was told nothing was found in my room! Surprised, not really but so pissed off. I will make enquiries about re-imbursement and I am sure the tabloids would consider writing a small article on honesty and trust in hotels.
Thumbs down I'm afraid.

Room Tip: Don't leave anything in the room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank David L

Travellers are raving about these Frimley Green hotels

Rainham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a couple nights. Rooms are clean and ok. Nice views over lake. Food is not bad and service is generally good. Gym and spar are awful, no staff on duty, changing rooms dirty and no lockers. Not all machines work. The general hotel needs a makeover, especially the main reception and corridors to the rooms
I would stay again for business because it is reasonably good value for money, but wouldn't for personal use

• Stayed August 2013
Holt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

WEll..stayed here for an overnight stay as a surprise to try and de-stress!!!
Good points first...
Rooms ok clean and lovely comfy beds.
The reception staff and gym/ pool staff are all friendly and helpful.
Pool lovely temp,sauna etc lovely and changing rooms clean.
Bar staff friendly,welcoming and create a nice atmosphere in bar area.
If the weather is good a lovely setting by the lake.

Not so good!...
It is a little in the middle of nowhere,so eating out is limited.We decided to eat in their restaurant BIG mistake..My starter was a seafood cocktail but I couldn't really identify it other than a messy blob on my plate,no bread,my husband had pâté but was not given bread/toast to have with it.Condiments are a no no.
Our main course was a very over cooked duck confit and I had asked the waiter who cannot speak English for a med-rare fillet steak with jacket potato and salad,he checked this was ok with the chef,I was then served a blue steak that was nothing like a fillet and a bowl of cold lumpy mash potato,I had double checked that I was going to get a jacket potato but still didn't. Condiments,oh no...
Waiting staff were non attentive and we had to get up and approach them if we needed anything even a drink.
There were only a few in the restaurant so how can they have got it all so wrong.Whilst sitting waiting for food other customers were sending theirs back.
Breakfast was the same if you like hard eggs and overcooked food that has been PRE-cooked and left sitting under hot lamps for self service then you will be ok.
Would I recommend...no
Would I return...no.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Staying on business, I was a co-organiser of a conference at the adjacent Lakeside Country Club.

I note that around the date of our conference in early June there are a few negative reviews on TripAdvisor concerning the restaurant. Indeed, on the night before our conference my phone was ringing from my fellow co-organiser explaining that our delegates staying at the International we're facing inexcusable delays in the restaurant, or worse: The risk of no food being served whatsoever.

This was awkward for us as we had recommended the International as the hotel in which delegates should stay with us having negotiated a special rate.

I stayed on the second night and found a room which had a wonderfully comfortable bed, a relaxing view of the lake and the thoughtful inclusion of a European plug socket which even large hotel chains don't think to build into their rooms.
Dinner on the second night was a buffet as, having spoken to staff, it seemed they wished not to repeat the poor performance of the preceding night.

Breakfast consisted of a great choice of fruits, cereals and a freshly cooked full English. The waiter did not seem to be able to deal with the seven or eight occupied tables and while I was satisfied with the service received, another couple were left waiting for more croissants to be brought out.

On other occasions I have also held meetings in the Windsor Suite. This room and the first floor corridor leading to it can smell musty but of greater importance is that the Windsor Suite is above the swimming pool so can have a strong stench of chlorine. This hotel does have other meeting rooms so consult staff about those.

The Lakeside International very nearly receives five TripAdvisor 'blobs'. Sadly it receives four as the poor dinner service my colleague had to deal with reflected on he and I, otherwise this hotel is recommended.

Room Tip: You must ask for a room with a view of the lake, simply wonderful.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre
Holiday Inn Farnborough
Holiday Inn Farnborough
#6 of 7 in Farnborough

Been to Lakeside International Hotel? Share your experiences!