“Excellent French Gourmet Evening”
Review of The Gunnery Brasserie - CLOSED

The Gunnery Brasserie
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a warm, welcoming, inviting bar and restaurant located in the scenic village of Tarvin in the heart of Cheshire. Our charming premises date back to the early 19th century and many of the original features remain, culminating in a rustic and traditional dining setting. Coupled with our enthusiastic and motivated team we hope to provide an experience not to be forgotten.
Reviewed 24 May 2014

5 course meal with an excellent glass of wine selected carefully to complement each course.
I look forward to the next Gourmet evening ......

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Visited for Sunday lunch with a friend who has a great love of steak, when booking advised this and was immediately facilitated although steak is not normally part of the Sunday menus. True enough on arriving we were warmly welcomed and after good starters the steaks were produced and well received. being lunchtime we were not able to sample the wine list but the two local ales were excellent.
I wish I lived nearer and could attend their 'French Gourmet Evening', all in all a most welcoming and professional performance. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Thursday night is steak night and we can thoroughly recommend a visit. (Although of course steak is on the regular menu too.)

I had the fillet which was divine and cooked to perfection. My partner's steak was equally delicious and neither of us left a even a morsel. Fluffy baked potatoes and great coleslaw were included, together with a sour cream dressing and ratatouille (the latter isn't my favourite, but was still fresh and tasty).

Great cuts of meat, cooked well - what more can you ask for. Yes, the staff are great, as is the ambiance.

Steak night will be a regular occurrence if the standard remains this high!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We got a voucher off AmazonLocal and dined at the Gunnery in Tarvin. Nice & handy with easy parking and a warm welcome from the staff. Very personal service but nothing too gushing, just nice and relaxed. We were shown to our table in the restaurant; wooden floors, high ceilings, a fire and candles. The waiters were polite and just had a naturally relaxed air about them.
Good choice of food on the menu and it stipulates a bit of a wait for the food as it's freshly prepared. We had to wait but it didn't matter as the staff were attentive and the atmosphere was great. The squid in chilli for a starter was divine and the corned beef hash, my boyfriend said, was delicious. He had steak, which was excellent and my spaghetti marinara was gorgeous. The shiraz and NZ sauvigon blanc, well, what else......excellent!
We would definitely go back. Highly recommended.

1  Thank MoosieEm
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Had been as a couple on a previous Saturday eve and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves so decided to take my mum who is a real food critic!!! She loved it ate and cleared her plate on 3 courses not normally heard of. Wine we chose excellent and great value for money. Service very good the guy remembered us from our previous visit and went that extra mile to make everything enjoyable. Deffo be returning for more lovely freshly prepared food. Yes you do have to wait for your food but this is pointed out on the menu due to it being so fresh and in my opinion worth the wait and another glass of wine.