“Lovely place, could be amazing”
other travellers have booked this property
Exterior
Sun lougers Views from the patio
Check Availability
Wood burning fire
Kitchen with breakfast bar
Downstairs bathroom
Playing field
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
Mariel553...
“Lovely place, could be amazing”
Reviewed 4 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed at the barn during a weekend in August with family. (3 adults and 3 children under 6). A good sized barn, very clean and well presented interior. Plenty of room for us all, we did take 2 extra airbeds with as the beds provided are two doubles and 2 singles. The sofa bed was a little uncomfortable, however the main bed upstairs was comfy.
After reading the reviews about the freezer and DVD player, I requested these prior to our arrival and they were all ready for us when we arrived. The family sized freezer is in the garage. The fridge located in the kitchen needs replacing; it does not keep your food cold. This was demonstrated by the curdled milk left in the fridge for our arrival that was still in date. Not only does it not keep your food cold it is also loud, which makes it difficult to sleep at night if you are in the lounge area sleeping.
The barn is in a great location to explore surrounding areas.
I was very disappointed with the outside space. We took a couple of balls and bats etc. for the kids to have a run around in the paddock. One of the reasons we chose this property. Unfortunately, the grassed area has not been maintained, the grass was too long for the kids to run about in without them getting scratched legs, it also had nettles at the entrance and the perimeter and what looked like an area where a fire had once been. This meant we had to nurse nettle stings and made it unusable despite the occupants in the main property asking us if the kids could use the paddock to run about on and not the court yard area. A completely reasonable request if the grassed area could be used! Such a shame as just cutting the grass would have solved everyone's problem, add a slide and a climbing frame and it would be perfect.
The overall standard of the property is high, there is everything you need and more for a stay in the barn and if not a co-op 5 minute walk away. I agree with the previous comment about oven instructions, the information folder could benefit from this. The shower is not the best as the pressure is low and goes very hot and very cold in an instance so you have to be careful you don't get scolded, especially when the kids are in it.
The owner got back to me very quickly with all my enquires during the booking and fulfilled all my requests, if only I had asked for the grass to be cut.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spacious and location was great
Liked least: Lack of maintained outdoor space and lack of working fridge in kitvhen.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
27 Jan 2017
Hi
I am glad to know you enjoyed the ample space and the cleanliness. We have already replaced the fridge to a noiseless fridge freezer. The paddock is meant for the sheep to graze. There is a large park with all the facilities just opposite the barn for children to play. We really do not recommend the children use the paddock as play area.
DJBEDWELL
“Lovely place to stay”
Reviewed 25 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Lovely accommodation, the owner left simple instructions so nobody need to be bothered from either party, plenty to do in the area for the kids, Chester Zoo and Blue planet aquarium were very good and for the adults a little trip to Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet Park. Overall very impressed would definitely recommend

Tautvydas...
Vilnius, Lithuania
“Wonderful apartment, very friendly owner, excellent location.”
Reviewed 1 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We had a lovely time in Wales. When arrived to barn everything was ready and e dish need to ask. Next day owner came in to check if everything is ok. House is very spacious with all necessary facilities. I definitely recommend this house to others.

Sue_H_72
Wiltshire
“Nice Accomodation, Good Value for Money”
Reviewed 26 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

My partner and I wanted somewhere to get away from the world for a couple of days and this fitted the bill perfectly. We stayed for two nights, the directions provided by the owner were great and it was easy picking up the keys etc.

The barn itself is lovely, great space downstairs, wood burning stove with lots of wood, kindling etc provided, big TV. The kitchen is basic and small but as we only used it to heat up a pizza this wasn't an issue. However, it would have been really useful if there had been instructions for the cooker in the info left - I had to find instructions online. The bathroom was ok too, a bit of a pain it being downstairs when you need it in the middle of the night but a small gripe.

Overall it was great value for money, just don't expect it to be as fully kitted out as somewhere you are paying double for.

Pluspoints:-

Great location
Very good value for money
Comfortable
Quiet
Good Wi-fi

Minus Points:-

Lack of freezer (I know there is one on site but too much hassle if you need ice for a drink)
The shower is rubbish - impossible to wash your hair
Downstairs bathroom

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
28 Feb 2016
Dear Sue
Thank you very much for your review. Iam glad to know that you enjoyed the various comforts the barn offers. Iam specially thankful for you constructive suggestions. They help us to improve the experience of our guests. We have taken your suggestion on board and already in the orocess of providing a freezer on site and changing the shower. Hopefully, all your suggestions will have been actioned when you stay with us next time!.
moss b
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good getaway”
Reviewed 6 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I recently booked this property to celebrate my birthday with my girlfriend we just wanted a quiet place to getaway a chill for a few days and this little barn conversion did the job, the location is ideal not to far from Chester yet very peaceful the set up is nice however I would say this is more suitable for a couple as there is only one bedroom which is upstairs and everything is open plan except the bathroom which does lead out into the lounge area. The facilities are adequate we dined out mostly however I did cook one night and the kitchen is equipped enough to cook most meals but lacks an onsite freezer I believe there is access to one on request but I didn't fancy running out to the freezer every time I needed ice in my drink . Everything else is great really enjoyed the view from the patio doors and the fire, will definitely be returning again sometime hopefully soon.

27 Jan 2017
Hi
We have now installed a fridge freezer inside the barn.
Amy G
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“False Advertisment”
Reviewed 2 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Myself and my boyfriend booked to stay here as it was in a good location and it had everything we needed. We thought.

There was no freezer, washer or dryer as advertised. This was a huge inconvenience for us as we had freezer food, we also wished to wash and dry clothes as we both work long hours throughout the week.

When coming to watch a DVD, there was no DVD player. 2 hours after requesting a DVD player from the owner, a young girl knocked on with a Play Station. Yes you can play a DVD through a play station, but it's not a DVD player.

If I would have known these things before going here, I would not have stayed so I won't be staying again.

Your age range 18-24
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
3 Feb 2016
Hi Amy
I am sorry to hear about your experience.

Just to let you know, we have a full family size fridge freezer and washer dryer available for the exclusive use of our guests. All you needed to do is just ask for it!

Regarding the DVD player- We have gone for PS3 as it allows the guests to enjoy more from its various functions than a mere DVD player. I apologise for my daughter not bringing it round quickly enough.

On a separate note, I hope you enjoyed the secure and quiet location of the barn, the ample space it provides, large king size bed, uninterrupted views of the Cheshire countryside and the wood burning fireplace.

Once again please accept my sincere aplology. I would like to reassure the travelling community out there that we have put adequate corrective measures in place to prevent recurrence.
thx
bona
linda6420...
Bawtry, United Kingdom
“This is not a 2 bedroom property!”
Reviewed 4 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Firstly, I ought to say that this property is spacious and well-furnished, and in a great position overlooking the Cheshire countryside.
However, it does not have 2 bedrooms as advertised. One 'bedroom' is actually the loft space over the kitchen/living/shower room and is open plan to it, that is, no door and therefore no privacy. The second so-called 'bedroom' is actually the sofa-bed in the living area. The double and single bed in the loft area together with the sofa-bed, and a blow-up mattress kept under the open-tread stairs, constitute what is described as 'sleeping up to 6'! For the four of us, all adults, who stayed here over Christmas (my daughter had a Christmas baby) it was very unsatisfactory. This property can only, in my view, accommodate 2 adults and possibly a small child. The description of it is misleading.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
4 Jan 2016
Hi
First of all, thank you very much for your positive observations on the property namely the location, furnishing and the ample space it offers. I do agree with you that the description is rather misleading and apologise for the same. However, as you mentioned, there is ample space and enough beds to accommodate 6 guests. We are in the process of adding another bedroom which will truly make it a two bed room property.
Once again, I thank you for your positive observations and apologise for the error in description of the property. I shall take suitable steps to amend it.
Thanks
Bona
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing