having just been married at gretna green we my daughter son in-law and 3 children decided to stay here we for 2 nights them for 1 night we had previously phoned to make a reservation for dinner at 9 as we thought we were going to be late on arrival we were met by a receptionist who could hardly raise a smile who also kept pronouncing our surname wrong we asked her to change our dinner reservation from 9 to 8.30 as we had arrived earlier than what we expected she phoned the restaurant and said we are a party of 3 adults and 2 children only seconds before we had told her it was 4 adults and 3 children and we were all standing in front of her. In the restaurant the baby who's 15 mths old was making a bit of a noise because he was hungry we asked for some bread for him to keep him quiet after 15 mins we were still waiting so i went to were the kitchen was to ask for the bread again and was told they would have to ask the chef eventually the bread arrived at the table the baby was being quiet almost immediately the waitress came and asked to speak to my daughter and was asked to leave the restaurant because the baby was being to noisy in earshot of other guests because 2 couples had complained the 5 yr old started to cry because he thought he wasn't going to get any dinner we were taken to the boardroom to have dinner feeling utterly humiliated we also didn't go for breakfast the day after because of the humiliation we felt bearing in mind they have children's menus and highchairs in the restaurant also the fold up bed provided for the children was full of stains and not fit for a tramp no bedding for them either even tho my son in-law had asked for some at reception when we changed our dinner time rubbish still in the room both our rooms were on the ground floor and had seating right outside the window my husband had to get up early in the morning and tell someone to shut up because they where sat there on there mobile it was like someone sitting on your window sill information folder dirty dead insects on the window sill when my son in-law complained at check out and asked to speak to a manager was told no one was available and he would be contacted on monday but that didn't happen till tuesday on a good note the food was really nice just the hotel is badly managed and not suitable for disabled or families with prams
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 77 acres of landscaped gardens & woodland, this former knight's residence is in an idyllic rural location only minutes from the historic city of York & the cosmopolitan city of Leeds. Dating back to 1086, Hazlewood Castle has been sensitively restored & converted into a fabulous destination offering a selection of elegant private function rooms, 32 luxury rooms & suites, an award-winning Vavasour Restaurant, & its very own chapel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hazlewood Castle Hotel Hazlewood
- Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection Yorkshire