We spent 1 night at this amazing hotel for our 29th wedding anniversary. The hotel is beautiful and the setting and gardens are breathtaking. Our suite in the Castle was very traditional and in keeping with the hotel. It was large and very light and airy with a lovely comfy bed. The food was wonderful and I would highly recommend the restaurant. The staff were lovely and very knowledgeable about their workplace. We had a tour around the castle and shown many interesting features, even the gardener took the time to have a chat with us and point out things we hadn't noticed.
I can't recommend this hotel enough and hope to return in the not too distant future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 77 acres of landscaped gardens & woodland, this former knight's residence is in an idyllic rural location only minutes from the historic city of York & the cosmopolitan city of Leeds. Dating back to 1086, Hazlewood Castle has been sensitively restored & converted into a fabulous destination offering a selection of elegant private function rooms, 32 luxury rooms & suites, an award-winning Vavasour Restaurant, & its very own chapel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Superbreak UK and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hazlewood Castle & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hazlewood Castle Hotel Hazlewood
- Hazlewood Castle & Spa Yorkshire