I went to stay for one night at the Kirkstile in Loweswater with my boyfriend as we spent a few days travelling round the lakes. As a pub it is perfect, the beer is good, the food is delicious and the wine was really good, but when I got into the room my face just fell. The room we had (I think it was room 1) was just really dated and looked really drab, and the bathroom wasn't ideal.
I would stay again if the rooms were updated because it's just in the most perfect location. If you're looking for somewhere really special to stay though, I really wouldn't advise on staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling between Loweswater and Crummock Water in the heart of the English Lake District, the Kirkstile Inn has been providing food and shelter for over 100 years.So why not get away from the modern world and enjoy a stress free zone? Cosy, comfortable rooms with fantastic views, great local produce turned into traditional pub food or seasonal specials. Own brewed ales, including the legendary award winning Loweswater Gold. Our local team are renowned for their warm and friendly welcome whatever the time of day . It would be a shame not to give us a try! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kirkstile Hotel Loweswater
- Kirkstile Hotel Cockermouth
- Kirkstile Inn Loweswater, Cumbria