The good things - friendly staff, good menu choice, beautiful location and views, nice ambience in the dining room, open fire in the bar, walks from the door. Things that could be better - the drying room (which we needed) was tiny - no more than an airing cupboard with a few hangers above the vacuum cleaners and ironing board. Our twin room was tiny and in need of updating, the residents' lounge was a bit small and soulless and we had a couple of issues with food not being hot enough. There was, surprisingly, occasionally a whiff of drains in the area of the fire in the bar. Oh, and real coffee would be nice - they don't always have the machine on. Overall we found it a bit overpriced for what we got - you are obviously paying for the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling between Loweswater and Crummock Water in the heart of the English Lake District, the Kirkstile Inn has been providing food and shelter for over 100 years.So why not get away from the modern world and enjoy a stress free zone? Cosy, comfortable rooms with fantastic views, great local produce turned into traditional pub food or seasonal specials. Own brewed ales, including the legendary award winning Loweswater Gold. Our local team are renowned for their warm and friendly welcome whatever the time of day . It would be a shame not to give us a try! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kirkstile Hotel Loweswater
- Kirkstile Hotel Cockermouth
- Kirkstile Inn Loweswater, Cumbria