Stayed here for the first time recently. The staff were lovely and friendly. The room was one of the prettiest that I have stayed in with a four poster bed, traditional ceiling beams and beautiful matching bedspread and curtains. Looking out of the window we looked out onto the beer garden, a stream and a mountain.
Our only slight negative about our stay was that we were directly above the Kitchen so there was a smell of food coming in and we could hear the hustle and bustle in the kitchen yet the prettiness of the room and the view made up for that. We ate in the restaurant, fabulous food to a high standard and they sell ales made by their own brewery. It was a lovely chilled evening sat in their beer garden.
Lovely walks can be done from the Inn, we walked up the bridlepath then to Crummock water and through Lanthwaite wood on the way back, which is quite magical.
We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling between Loweswater and Crummock Water in the heart of the English Lake District, the Kirkstile Inn has been providing food and shelter for over 100 years.So why not get away from the modern world and enjoy a stress free zone? Cosy, comfortable rooms with fantastic views, great local produce turned into traditional pub food or seasonal specials. Own brewed ales, including the legendary award winning Loweswater Gold. Our local team are renowned for their warm and friendly welcome whatever the time of day . It would be a shame not to give us a try! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kirkstile Hotel Loweswater
- Kirkstile Hotel Cockermouth
- Kirkstile Inn Loweswater, Cumbria