Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
aferret
Zurich

Nice 3* hotel next to bus/ferry terminal

Review of Hotel Miyahira
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Sept 2019
The Miyahira is one of the more upscale 3* hotels in Ishigaki City. Staff is friendly and plentiful; however, their English skills can be limited, but with efforts from both guest and staff, everything was handled very well.

You get a welcome drink (Awamori or two alcohol-free choices) upon check-in, which is strictly at 15h. Luggage can be stored, of course. There are multiple restaurants in the hotel, a souvenir shop, coin laundries and a gender-separated public bath.
There are three buildings, two of them are likely from the 1980ies, but were refurbished (new bathrooms etc.). Try to get a room in the "new building", if possible, for the best comfort. My room was of moderate size, had tea/coffee and two bottles of free water available.

The bus terminal is just outside the hotel, if you plan to use public transport. The city and its restaurant/bars/shops a few minutes by foot. The concierge desk can organise tours or rental cars, even for just half a day.

I recommend the Miyahira if you prefer a hotel with full facilities, such as concierge, express laundry service, attached restaurants etc.
Date of stay: September 2019
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
£124
No prepayment needed
0.3 miles from Hotel Miyahira
Free parking
アートホテル石垣島外観。周りに高い建物がなく、最上階のスカイバーからは絶景が見渡せます。4月~10月営業のプールもご宿泊者は無料でご利用いただけます。(Art Hotel Ishigakiji
£170
  • Expedia.com
    £67
0.4 miles from Hotel Miyahira
View more hotels in Ishigaki-jima
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 June 2019

Stayed 3D2N at this hotel, location is just opposite of Port of Ishigaki, very convenient. Room is small but normal considering that it's in Japan. Queen size bed doesn't felt like queen, more like a slightly bigger super single...

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DarrenJenny
Reviewed 30 April 2019 via mobile

Upon arrival in the Hotel, we realized that my partner had forgotten her mobile phone in the Taxi from the airport. We requested the assistance of the Hotel in identifying and tracking the Taxi driver. And they did exactly that. Within hours the Hotel was able to identify the taxi company who in turn contacted their driver. He brought back the mobile phone to the Hotel free of charge.We were delighted. The mobile phone had all our bookings for restaurants and plane tickets beside other personal data. We will forever remain thankful to the staff of Hotel Miyahira Ishigaki. You were great.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2018

Location is excellent in front of the harbor with many ships to different islands, and many restaurants and shopping. The parking space for hotel is only 18 cars, extremely hard to secure. In addition, public parking space nearby is very limited. The bathroom floor with sharp edge is about one inch higher than the room floor, which is dangerous. Breakfast was great with many variety of food.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kdoi2017
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

I booked to stay at Hotel Miyahira for three nights in July. Due to an illness, I was not able to fly and had to cancel my trip.

In order to claim from my travel insurance, I needed a letter from the hotel stating that I did not arrive/check-in.

I paid $4888.39 HKD for my booking and didn’t ask the hotel to refund me any of this money.
However, the only receptionist who spoke English was very unhelpful and incredibly rude to me. (I believe her name was Katsume or something similar). There was a complication with the dates the hotel had me registered for, but I had evidence of the correct dates I had booked and paid for.

They did not respond to my emails and when I called via Skype, she hung up on me and at other times pretended to be away.

If this is how this hotel treats customers, they should be ashamed.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank bindleys
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Located just opposite the ferry and the airport bus terminal. Perfectly located at the heart of the main island, lots of dining restaurants and shops just within walking distance. Hotel buffet breakfast is really good with traditional Japanese style! The hotel also has several restaurant outlets. We tried the Japanese restaurant just located outside across the street. It's really good and very reasonably priced. The hotel stafff are very attentive, friendly and smart. Every night there is a small concert with traditional Japanese songs. Their performance is really good. Don't miss that! And another thing they are having a room promotion that if the guest requested no room makeup, you will receive 1000 yen per day as reward which can be used in the hotel restaurant except the grill room. We earned 4000 yen and had dinner in the hotel one night. There is also a public bath with hot herbal, you can relax there. Also the hotel provide washing machine with drying function.

Date of stay: May 2017