“Happy detour accident ”

The Yard Cafe Cotesbach
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Cotesbach
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

On my way on the A14 I accidentally went up the M1... sat nav fail... instead of the M6. On my little detour I spotted a sign on the side of the road for a cafe. Desperate for a cup of tea, I drove into the pretty village and pulled in to the most beautiful courtyard. I couldn’t believe my luck... my expectation for a brew en route home had been levelled at a Costa express if I was lucky. A delight of a cafe with a good pot of Yorkshire Tea, lovely banana and chocolate chip cake and some cheery chatty service. The sun shone like it can only do outside the school holidays and I drank in the lovely tea, sun and atmosphere. The only sad point was that the orgAnic butcher was closed on a Wednesday. Damn. I’ll have to go back.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

A weekly treat, great food, perfect setting just off the beaten track, the best cafe I've found in the Lutterwroth/Rugby area.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We went today for the first time under the new owners. I love this charming cafe. Set in a pretty yard where you can sit in the sun and relax. It is just off the beaten track so a real gem to find. They served delicious coffee, including a delicious cappuccino with oat milk for those who don’t drink cows milk. The menu has an excellent choice of sandwiches, quiches, soup of the day to name a few. Their cake selection looked awesome too. I had a lovely ham sandwich on fresh bread with a lovely green salad - a simple lunch that hit the spot. And great value.
Next door is a local veg larder with an honesty box, also selling garden plants today. The guys that run it are both friendly and helpful. Thank you for a lovely late afternoon lunch.