“Such a relaxing comfortable cottage”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Herring House

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Winterton beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 31 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Sarah W
“Such a relaxing comfortable cottage”
Reviewed 15 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We have been coming to Winterton for many years - for day trips and short stays - so know the village well and the things which make it so ideal for us such as the beach and the dunes for walking, the Dunes Cafe, Fisherman's Return and Fish Bar for eating, and of course the dog-friendly aspect and friendliness in general.

We found Herring House perfect for our requirements - very convenient, everything we needed, very comfortable and relaxing and beautifully clean.

Shame we had such a dull foggy week with a few spots of rain but it didn't stop us enjoying our long walks.

jegmp79
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Stunning property”
Reviewed 12 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

We went with our 3 dogs. Cottage pristine clean would never had known if other dogs had been. Bedroom linen of a very high quality. Cottage well equipped. House keeper Jan met us and was lovely.Brilliant location for dog walkers. Went to see seals and pups at Horsey,Nelson Arms pub there truly a pub, didnt eat but amazing choice of beers, lagers, ciders and food looked great..

Daniel R
“Utter bliss”
Reviewed 19 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

This was my second stay here. I came back because I enjoyed it so much the first time. I find the barns have everything I need and are very comfortable. Owner Richard and housekeeper Jan are both very friendly and helpful. Winterton is a piece of heaven on earth. An idyllic haven from the real world. It has all the necessary amenities and no more. The pub and beach cafe are both great. The star of the show is the huge sandy beach. I spent many happy hours just walking up and down. It is all very seductive which is why I am already contemplating a third stay!

Reviewed 10 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Brough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Norwich
Reviewed 21 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Carole C
“Perfect location but slightly disappointed in accomodation”
Reviewed 3 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Having stayed at Marron House (next door) several years ago , we were slightly disappointed that the property (Herring House) was not as pristine as the first time we stayed. Saying that, we did have a relaxing time. We have stayed at several properties in Winterton on Sea over the years, and the location of Herring House is fantastic for the beach and the village and this is to its advantage but it is not the cleanest, most comfortable property we have stayed in. I guess you have to weigh up the distance to the beach and the standard of the property! Linen, etc was immaculate but the fact that you were unable to open a window in the bedrooms really made the downstairs bedrooms unbearable and the temperature had really cooled down the week that we stayed. I think if we had got warmer weather, we would not have been able to tolerate the lack of fresh air downstairs. I noticed that this had already been commented on in the visitor's book but nothing had been done to rectify the problem. The bathrooms smelled of sewage whenever you had a bath and i was really glad to get home to my own house so I could relax in a nice clean smelling bathroom. We are quite tall and both baths were really short and standing up in the shower was really restrictive too. It would have probably have been better to have one as a shower room and one as a bathroom. It was great to have a constant supply of hot water, but if you have children, I would make sure that they are supervised when washing hands, etc as the water was scalding. Re hoover - I was told not to bother hoovering as the hoover was not very good - after a few days of sandy feet, I really wanted to hoover but wish I hadn't plugged it in - I think a new hoover is a requirement. I hope this feedback is constructive and it's not meant to offend - Winterton on Sea is the most wonderful place that you can go and we will come back again, when you're paying a good amount for a week's holiday, you just want it to be perfect. Pub has fantastic food and thank you for the discount card - we used this several times! Can't ask for a better location, friendly people and a beautiful, unspoiled beach. I would have no problem recommending this holiday rental to a friend if the issues are addressed.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing