Having just returned from my annual week's stay at Ballathie, I enjoyed the hotel more than ever. If you like hotels where the service is second to none, where the staff address you by name and you are looking for a quiet get away or some country sport, there is literraly no other option in the area.
Indeed, having stayed at Gleneagles (30 mins from Ballathie) a couple of times this year, the food in the Streathern is so variable in terms of quality that I can really only recommend Ballathie. Think 4 courses, quenched with superb advice from Arnauld, the resident.
In terms of accommodation, i'd recommend the following :-
1) A suit in the main hotel - for a romantic stay
2) A room in Riverside - modern, by the river (a bit cheaper)
3) A room in the Sportman's Lodge - (simple, clean and cheap).
Wherever you stay though, you are treated in the same manner.
If you go, say hi to Gail, Sharon, Arnaud and Ziggy. You'll get to know them too.
PS - If you want, ask reception to book you a fishing lesson with on site Ghillie's (Gary or George).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballathie Country House Hotel is a 4 star Country House Hotel located on the banks of the River Tay in Perthshire, Scotland. We have an award winning 2 Rosette restaurant in which we provide a tranquil setting to enjoy the wonderful food that our kitchen brigade create with locally sourced produce. Awarded Best Rural Restaurant of the Year at the 2010 Hotel of the Year Awards and Country Weddings Award at the 2011 Hotel of the Year Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your Ballathie House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballathie Hotel Perth
- Ballathie House Hotel Stanley, Scotland