Tayside Hotel(Stanley)
The Linn(Stanley)
bedfinder
Four Seasons(Stanley)
Travelocity
All reviewsthe main hotelafternoon teariverside roomdrawing roomoverlooking the riverdining roomfine diningextensive groundscourse dinnerlong drivewaybeautiful hotelcountry hotelwine listan overnight stayfirst classsalmonscones
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in one of the hotel lodges which was basic but comfortable and had everything we needed. The hotel and grounds are beautiful, staff very friendly and efficient, the breakfast was very good, the dining room was comfortable and had a lovely, peaceful, calming atmosphere.

Stayed: May 2018
Gail S, Manager at Ballathie House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear _kate10shepherd,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post you're review.
I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the friendly and efficient service provided by our team, I am pleased also that you managed to sample some of the first class food which our talented team of chefs produce so consistently.
I am sure that the accommodation in our Sportsmans Lodges was comfortable for you however may I recommend that if you are considering returning then you look at one of our fabulous rooms in the main house.
We look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back to Ballathie in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

I recently booked a couple of nights stay at Ballathie House Hotel using a gift voucher by Hotel Connexions. Unfortunately Hotel Connexions went bust before my wife and I were due to go to Ballathie. However, two days before we were due to attend, we received a phone call from Ballathie saying they would honour the voucher.We had an excellent break and the hotel stood the loss occasioned by the demise of Hotel Connexions. This was much more than I expected and reflects genuine caring by this first class hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear stewartgrahamagain,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review following you're stay at Ballathie.
It was a great shame that Hotel Connexions were recently forced into administration but I was pleased that you're reservation was handled in a professional and caring manner by our team.
I do hope that you will now visit regularly like so many of our valued customers, and once again enjoy the first class food and service provided by our hard working and talented team..

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had our dog with us for the first time and she was made very welcome. Staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for us. We enjoyed a fantastic Afternoon Tea on arrival which I would recommend and had a beautiful meal in the evening. Hotel grounds are fantastic and beautifully kept. All sort of rooms are available. We had a lovely room in the main hotel. I have only one minor complaint and that was the the room could do with fresh decoration. Other than that we will certainly make a return visit.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LesleyR86

Dear LesleyR86,

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to post such a lovely review.
I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed both the food and service during your stay, it was a bonus also for you to enjoy fine weather which allowed you to take in the wonderful grounds here at Ballathie. This would have been particularly important for the dog!
I appreciate your comment regarding the rooms and can assure you that we are currently planning our next phase of redecoration and we will take into consideration this observation.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as we were guests at a wedding being held in the hotel.

We were going to stay at this hotel for a few nights before the wedding also however I was put off when I was told children would not be allowed in the dining room after 7pm. They did say they could make alternate arrangements if we wanted to have dinner with them after 7pm. Not knowing the hotel layout I understood this to mean that we would have it in the lounge area where people would be going in and out of the hotel, this didn’t appeal to me. Now seeing the hotel I understand we could’ve still had a nice meal with them even without being in the dining room. So maybe that needs to be explained better if people are enquiring.

We were checked in efficiently and were offered help to bring our luggage to our room as it’s an old building with no lift.

On taking our luggage to our room I spotted one of the hotel maids and requested an iron and ironing board. This was given to me within a few minutes and although she couldn’t speak much English she was so friendly with my little boy and my baby.

We luckily had a huge room. Plenty of space for two adults, one child, a baby, all our luggage, buggy, cot etc.

We still had room to move around with all our belongings in the room which is unheard of in most modern hotels now.

The rooms are old fashioned but very tastefully decorated. We had a four poster bed with the curtain all round which isn’t to my taste but suits this room perfectly.

The bed was a king size and really comfy.

The room in general was clean. I did notice that the top of the kettle was dirty looked like tea had splashed on it. As this was being used to boil water for my baby’s bottle it was important to me that it was clean. I had my fairy liquid with me so that was an easy fix.

As a matter of personal taste and the fact I’m a tad clinical I didn’t like the extra decorative cushions ( I just always wonder if things like that get washed between guests). Most modern hotels have these throws at the end of beds and I’m the same with them.

Our bathroom was big too, super clean and my child just loved the huge bath. I liked that there was a modern shower in the bathroom too. The water was hot whenever we needed it and shower pressure was great.

The staff at the hotel during the wedding and throughout our stay were so friendly, especially the superhero loving member of staff who had a good chat with my little boy about super heroes.

The wedding meal was delicious. My son got chicken and chips which he devoured.

I requested a vegetarian meal- soup to start was delicious, risotto for main course was lovely and a big portion and an Eton mess for pudding. To say they were serving so many people at once everything was fresh and came out hot.

Breakfast was in the same room as the wedding dinner.
Again the staff were really friendly. The hot food selection was excellent, all fresh and nicely cooked.

There was a decent selection of pastries and cereals. I liked also they brought toast for the table rather than those awful machines where you toast it. I particularly liked the fresh juices not cheap ones you usually get at buffet breakfasts.

Although it wouldn’t have been my first choice of hotel as I prefer more modern ones... I would return here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Gail S, Manager at Ballathie House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Saw2009,

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed of your recent stay with us here at Ballathie.
I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the excellent service provided by our team, they definitely try to go that extra mile to ensure our guests have a first class experience when they choose to visit.
You have mentioned the food both at dinner and breakfast and again it is pleasing to read that the hard work and effort that our talented and dedicated team of chefs is appreciated by our guests. We are extremely proud of our staff and they all get a boost by reading reviews from guests such as yourself.
I am so pleased that you are hoping to return again, we look forward to welcoming you back for what I am sure will be a memorable stay.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful hotel!!

We visited with our 2 year old for 2 nights and could not recommend the hotel enough!!

We were spoilt and really looked after from the moment we arrived. Our room was gorgeous and overlooked the river Tay and gardens.

As there are no children under 12 in the dinning room for dinner (completely understand as it is fine dining), we had a seperate area set up for us in the drawing room so my son could have the run of the room while mum and dad enjoyed the really delicious food.

the staff were so attentive and really made a fuss of our son, nothing was too much for them.

Breakfast was just amazing as were the surroundings.

To be honest I would have paid a lot more for both the stay and dinner, but it is so lovely to have such great service and food for the price we paid.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Fm0222,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us at Ballathie.
I was delighted that you and your family were looked after so well and that you were able to sample the fabulous food produced by our extremely hard working and talented team of chefs.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another visit in the not too distant future.