“Lunch disappointment”

Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Greasby
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A tastefully converted 17th century listed building, set within a beautiful landscaped courtyard, located in Greasby Village at the heart of the Wirral Peninsula. The choice of decor at the Manor offers a sophisticated yet hushed elegance and you are always assured of a warm welcome from our friendly and informed staff. Monday to Saturday, during the day we serve high quality lunches and every evening from 5pm we offer our superb dinner menu, on a Sunday traditional roasts are our speciality! Open everyday from 12 noon, the Manor has a great deal to offer!
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I would start by saying I have eaten here many times during the evening and have never had any complaints at all, it's usually perfect all the way. However lunch time I found to be disappointing I orderd scallops in a sauce for my main which had obviously been waiting for my husbands steak to cook as the sauce had developed a skin and the scallops over cooked. My starter was a basic prawn cocktail without any bread but there was an additional charge to the set menu price for this as there was for the scallops so I was left feeling a little disappointed but then that could be because I am just so use to perfection from The Manor. Two waiting on staff ment I was left waiting for drinks and the dessert portions are tiny. I think I will stick to evening dining.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I have been to the Manor quite a few times over the years and really enjoyed ourselves. I attended with group of friends and this time something was missing. The restaurant was not overly busy however they were doing enough covers. But that buzz I have seen there before had gone. Or was should I say was missing that night.

The service was good however the little touches to round off a perfect night was not evident.

The food although enjoyable did not blow any of us away and the presentation was lacking.

I will visit again to confirm either this was just a isolated incident or has the Manor lost its buzz.

1  Thank Grimzag
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Enjoyed a lovely meal for 10 of us this evening, service was very fast and food was tastey, hot, fresh and everyone was very impressed. We have been to the Manor on many occasions and have never been let down by either the food or the service - thanks again

1  Thank Dan J
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Absolutely superb. My wife and I arrived for lunch today. Walking distance, but as most people who dine here on the wirral that know us - "arn't you lucky to have this facility at the end of the road. Pay as much or as little as you wish, just fabulous.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have been to the Manor on numerous occasions but am not keen to return following my latest visit. I booked a table on a Saturday night to celebrate a family birthday. It did not get off to a good start when we arrived and saw there was a wedding celebration taking place at the restaurant. Service to 'ordinary' customers seemed to go out of the window. We were left in the lounge looking at the menu for over half an hour, 15 minutes passed the time of our reservation for a table we were told we could only have for 2 hours. We ordered some olives to snack on whilst deciding on our meals but they did not arrive and we had to remind the maitre d that we had ordered them. The meal was not up to the usual standard that we expect from the Manor, the waiting on staff appeared to be very new to the job and on more than one occasion we heard them being told to check we were ok, remove used glasses etc. After them meal we decided to have coffee, it was a very long time coming and we were not offered any sugar.............. We decided not to have a pudding, just as well as we only just managed to vacate the table in the allocated time. We were all extremely disappointed with the visit and feel that the restaurant had taken on far too much catering for the wedding as well as regular customers and they simply could not mange it. I am really unsure as tomwhether we will pay another visit

1  Thank Stanold