“WE ESCAPED THE KIDS AND WENT TO PARADISE!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamborine Mountain
Seaview Farm Retreat
Reviewed 7 April 2011

This is a fabulous retreat, we could not have been happier. My top hints:
1. Get the dinner basket, Teena asked us at checkin what type of desert we wanted. Chocolate or lemon or apple crumble? When we asked what the chocolate was she said "I don't know I haven't made it yet". This is how fresh the food is and there is so much!
2. Stop off on your way at the MT Brewery, have a light lunch and pick up some cheeses etc. Once you get to the retreat you will see you have the best view on the mountain and just want to settle back with a bottle of red.
3. The rooms are amazingly clean and well maintained the 3 separate cabins have been staggered along a ridge so you can't see into the other cabins. Heaps of firewood and they have thought of everything, right down to ipod docking and the worlds most comfortable beanbags. I noted on some of the other property reviews that the rooms said "self-contained" and people didn't think they were. You have a BBQ, two hot plates, heaps of utensils etc.
4. Breakfast basket - plentiful and fresh. Teena makes a great "egg and bacon" breakfast pie or she is happy to give bacon and eggs to cook on the BBQ.

We didn't stay in the Farmhouse but will definitely return for a couple of nights with the kids, it has heaps of space and just enough animals to keep the kids entertained.

I haven't included any photos as the photos on the website are true representations of the property.

This is a fabulous property, the hosts are pleasant and friendly but understand you are on a getaway and respect your privacy and space.

• Stayed: April 2011

Reviewed 21 February 2011

Firstly, thank you to Teena & Russell for being the perfect hosts and allowing us to have a great weekend.
We stayed in Unit 2 and it was spectacular - sitting over a valley with uninterrupted views over to the skyline. My fiancee and I have travelled quite a lot through both Asia & Europe and this has got to be one of the best views we have enjoyed (and it is only an hour or so from our home - but feels a million miles away).
The breakfasts were great - all packaged up and ready to be cooked up (a touch that makes you feel like you are in your own home - albeit a luxury one!). And the teapot doesn't leak at all when poured (a small touch but one that we noticed).
The bed & bedding was extremely comfortable and the robes were amazingly soft.
The alpacas, visiting kookaburras, gang of guinea fowls as well as the meandering cows in the paddock below make you feel a little like you are gettting back-to-nature, while sitting back in your jacuzzi with a glass of champagne and complimentary chocolates!
We'll hopefully be back soon.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I first discovered Seaview after a small write-up in Qweekend a few years ago - I tore it out and put it in a box and thought to myself "maybe one day..."
In May this year, I took my boyfriend to Seaview for his birthday - I was not only shocked at the value for money but also the view, the service and the facilities.
As soon as you arrive on the beautiful property you know you are somewhere very unique.
There are only 3 cabins on the edge of an exposed ridge - there is literally nothing in front of the cabins, they are on the edge of the mountain. The view commands your attention, and is framed perfectly by the huge glass doors opening onto the private balcony.
The first thing you have to do is run the spa, put on your fluffy bath robes (supplied by Seaview), pour a glass of wine and grab the platter of local cheeses from the fridge.. then spend your night watching the lights of the gold coast flicker on while you soak away your stresses!
Then spend the rest of the night in front of the fire before climbing into the heavenly bed for the best sleep ever!
Every finish and detail is of exceptional quality - polished wooden floors, built-in sound system with ipod dock, natural stone floor in the shower, Sheridan linen, soft pillows, tasteful furnishings, locally sourced natural toiletries and local art-pieces on the wall. Everything has been thought of. The kitchen is full of everything - just bring your ingredients and cook up a storm! Or you can dine at one of the local award-winning
restaurants.
During the day you can explore the art galleries, wineries, rainforest walks, or have a picnic in one of the parks.
Russell and Teena will make you feel like you're part of the family, and their breakfast hampers are to die for!
There are also alpacas to feed and guinea fowl to watch, not to mention kookaburras, rainbow lorikeets, wallabies and cows right outside your cabin.
I wanted to keep this place a secret - but a bigger part of me just wants to share because it truly is an amazing place!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmmyLou85
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I stayed at Sea View Farm Retreat for the night before and after my wedding. We stayed at two of the cabins, the first night I had my 2 bridesmaids and bridesman on either side with me. We had hair and makeup arrive, and the limo and all through this they were so helpful with organising, directing the limo and asking if there was anything else they could do. I was so taken back by their amazing level customer service and genuine care, I would highly recommend Seaview Farm Retreat to anyone!!!!
My new husband and I aim to go back every year or 2nd year if possible!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 23 March 2010

We spent 5 nights in Seaview Farm Cottage with our 3 children. Teena and Russell were fabulous hosts. They showed us around the farm on day 1, letting the kids feed the Alpacas, showed us the chickens, guinea fowls, peacocks and the cows. The next day, they took us to go wallaby spotting. Third day, they showed the kids the new calves and gave them a go at driving the farm tractor. We really felt they opened not just their farm to us, but also their hearts.

We had asked for 5 breakfasts but Teena packed so much into the baskets we ended up only needing 3 and spend the last 2 mornings eating the left over ham, sausages and bread. Teena baked the bread herself on day 2 and it was such a big loaf there was still some left on the day we left.

The cottage was well-equipped with comfortable beds, Flat screen TV (and very good selection of DVDs from the reception counter), washer/dryer, kitchen and a BBQ on the porch. Nice toiletries too!

The view was great and Mt Tamborine is a great location to be based out of. We spent day 1 mostly in the farm and doing the skywalk on mt tamborine. Day 2 we went to Dreamworld (30mins drive), Day 3 was spent partly at Broadbeach down in Goldcoast (1hr drive), Day 4 was spent in the Green Mountains at O'Reillys (40 mins drive) and Gallery walk in Mt tamborine. Easy to get food/groceries at Mt Tamorine (10 mins drive from seaview). We highly recommend the Witches Chase triple cream blue brie. YUMS.

Will definitely stay at seaview again if we return.

Regina

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank pinkielim
Reviewed 13 September 2009

The view is jaw droppingly beautiful, the villas/cabins are exceptionally beautifully finished, the service from the owners was fabulous and I just can't fault it. Seaview Farm Retreat is just amazing and that is before I talk about the kookaburras on the deck, the wallaby and cows at the back fence. The owners are just about to open a farmhouse on the top of the property for family farmstays and we would LOVE to take our children back. Actually we'd love to go back on our own too!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2009

We discovered Seaview Farm Retreat on the internet and it looked liked a beautiful place for a couple of days of relaxation. Well, it exceeded our expectations! A luxurious private villa with lots of lovely touches like chocolates, locally grown organic coffee and a cheese plate from the local village. A hot or continental breakfast hamper delivered to your doorstep with the newspaper each morning allowed us to stay in our bath robes and start the day on the deck overlooking the entire Gold Coast. One evening we decided on the dinner basket, which once delivered to our villa, we cooked on our deck BBQ and once again enjoyed the view with the glistening evening lights. Wildlife surrounds this gorgeous 100 year old farm, you never know when a wallaby might be just around the corner. Great service also, we will be back one day soon!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
3 mi away
Mountain Sanctuary B&B
Mountain Sanctuary B&B
#1 of 5 in Eagle Heights

Been to Seaview Farm Retreat? Share your experiences!