We stayed here, five of us, in December. The rooms are comfortable, although a bit dark, the food is average and, in fact, we only eat soup and bread for dinner each night because the main meal was not good. Lunches and breakfast were much better. The drives were excellent and we saw everything. The rangers are very good, very knowledgeable and very helpful. There is an open bar and everybody is extremely friendly and relaxed. However, this is definitely an eco camp and that is not made clear in advance. That means that there is very little lighting and no power in the rooms. My husband had a bad accident whilst there due to the lack of light and had to be taken to hospital in Port Elizabeth - a very long way away in an emergency. The first aid facilities at the camp are inadequate for anything other than a very minor incident. In the end, our ranger stayed with us throughout the night, driving us around and generally helping us.
However, be aware that it is only when you arrive at reception, having paid for the trip in full, flown to Port Elizabeth and then driven for another hour and a half to Kenton on Sea, you are presented with a form which you have to sign which unconditionally releases Sibuya Game Park from any duty of care.
For all these reasons I wouldn´t recommend Sibuya for older people, children or those who are not fully fit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sibuya has more navigable river than any other game reserve in South Africa. The unique experience starts immediately with a half-hour boat transfer to River/Forest Camp - luxury en-suite tented accommodation nestled in riverine forest and constructed in an environmentally conscious manner. Guests are hosted and guided by a team of experienced professionals. An abundance of wildlife from elephants to otters, Big Five, cheetah breeding program and prolific bird life await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Sibuya Game Reserve & Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sibuya Game Reserve And Tented Camp
- Sibuya Game Reserve & Tented Camp Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- Sibuya Game Reserve & Tented Camp South Africa/Kenton-On-Sea