If you are reading this then you are obviously thinking about going, stop thinking and just book it!! We are already planning to go back!
I finished off my honeymoon with 3 nights in Riverlodge, and it was the perfect ending to our trip!
We headed here after 10days in Legends in Mauritius and to be honest i didnt want to leave Legends but when i got here i was pleasantly surprised!
The staff could not have been nicer. You are put into a group and assigned a ranger (Mike was ours - the best!), there were 8 in our group plus Mike. You have breakfast and dinner together with everyone in your group and lunch by yourselves. I could not compliment the chef enough, the food was gorgeous. There was great variety!
We had breakfast every morning at 7.30am and then went for our first game drive about 8.15am until approx 11.30am. You can then relax by the pool until lunch at 1.00pm. Your second game drive starts at 3.30pm until about 7.00pm, this drive is the best as the animals are more active in the evening!
Our ranger Mike was brilliant, he takes the most risks from all the rangers, it was just my husband and I on the last day so Mike took us to see whatever we wanted. Lions were up walking around staring at us, elephants touching me as they passed our truck (very frightening-remember these are wild animals, Ive never been so frightened and excited at the same time!) If you can get your travel agent to request Mike, you will not be disappointed! He will bring you so close to the animals, nearly too close and he will also keep you well entertained with his stories and jokes!
Missing it already, cant wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the banks of the Bushman's River, this Lodge is unique in that it connects a Big-5 Kariega Game Reserve to the sea. Our optional daily boat cruises ferry guests through the quaint sea side village of Kenton-on-Sea. Inside the Lodge guests can find a quiet spot in one of the lounges, page through a book in the library, enjoy the pool or take in the view from the magnificent deck which overhangs the river. Twice daily safari drives, guided walks, river fishing, canoeing and river trips are included. Accommodation, all meals and local beverages are also included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Kariega Game Reserve - River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- River Hotel Kariega Game Reserve
- Kariega Game Reserve - River Lodge South Africa/Kenton-On-Sea