We have just returned from three weeks in South Africa, culminating in three nights at the Kariega River Lodge. We are delighted to see how many others have spoken so highly of the facilities and the game drives in which only leapards were missing from the Big 5.. The highlight was the five game drives we enjoyed with Tayla - whose enthusiasm, infectious humour and knowledge made every minute a memorable experience - we have over 500 photos to prove it!. We booked late and Kariega was not our original choice - thank goodness our much more expensive and better known Reserve was fully booked!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the banks of the Bushman's River, this Lodge is unique in that it connects a Big-5 Kariega Game Reserve to the sea. Our optional daily boat cruises ferry guests through the quaint sea side village of Kenton-on-Sea. Inside the Lodge guests can find a quiet spot in one of the lounges, page through a book in the library, enjoy the pool or take in the view from the magnificent deck which overhangs the river. Twice daily safari drives, guided walks, river fishing, canoeing and river trips are included. Accommodation, all meals and local beverages are also included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Kariega Game Reserve - River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- River Hotel Kariega Game Reserve
- Kariega Game Reserve - River Lodge South Africa/Kenton-On-Sea