“A Delightful Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blue Mountains
Tomah Mountain Lodge
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“A Delightful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I recently visited this lodge to stay overnight for a party at the local botanic gardens. The owner were very kind & accommodating & the whole place looks fantasic inside & out.
Even though it was a cold night we were all incrediably warm inside the house & all our needs were taken care of. My friends & I still talk about how amazing the breakfast the next morning was.

I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Xander T

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tumut, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was our first B&B experience - and Bill & Gai have set the bar very high as it was absolutely wonderful. We knew from the time we were greeted at the door that this was certainly something special.
The home is stunningly decorated and the gardens are beautiful. The rooms are cosy & comfortable with heated towel rails and underfloor heating in the bedroom.
We were exhausted from our travels and this was the perfect stopover.
We were greeted with an afternoon cuppa and home made sponge cake sitting in the garden and amazed at the abundance of bird life. Within minutes we were relaxed and completely absorbed in our surroundings.
We opted to stay in for the evening meal and so glad we did.
It was a lovely romantic 3 course dinner for the 2 of us however we would have been very happy to have had other guests join us.
Bill's masterchef culinary skills were as good as any fine dining restaurant we have been to.
Superbly presented and perfectly timed between courses. We bought in one of our favourite sparkling wines from De Bortoli which we enjoyed by the wood fire with an aperitif, followed by the best Angus steak you will ever get. Gai tempted us with a wonderful dessert to finish the meal off accompanied by some great coffee. Had no issue paying the price for this superb dinner and service.
The beds are large and very comfortable and the room is very quiet to ensure a good night's sleep.
For breakfast we sat at the large table with the other guests and enjoyed a great choice of food and great banter.
A perfect time with wonderful hosts where nothing was any trouble and their professionalism and hospitality were exceptional.
As TML is only 2 hours or so away from our home we will definitely be going back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jan M
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

A day and a night at Tomah Mountain Lodge in the Blue Mountains had me yearning for a longer stay.
This was an absorbing escape to idyllic surroundings that had me feeling liberated from the monster of overwork and repetitive routine
The permanent soundtrack of whispering trees, bird talk and a log fire crackling calmed me immediately as did the gloriously overwhelming views of nature in all its glory.
A weeping cherry tree that sways in the wind like a giant lady’s pink skirt, Sunshine shedding its rays of light through profuse white and purple wisteria, pungent flower perfume wafting through the house like a ghostly visit. All of this and more combined with the brisk mountain air to arouse my senses and got me back in touch with my spiritual side.
My bedroom was fully equipped, clean, comfortable and spacious with luxurious features such as heated towel rails and floors.
Hosts Gai and Bill Johns are gracious, resourceful and highly organised. They are the kind of iconic characters that stay with you long after you have said “goodbye, I had the most wonderful time.”
Breakfast and dinner were just delicious, perfectly cooked to my personal preference and I was made to feel like I was celebrating.
Whether you are improved by solitude or desire some quick growing camaraderie, it is my belief that this modern mountain homestead can adapt to your purpose for being there.
But watch out, this bewitching experience could transform the way you see your own life.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sheenagh M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had the privilege of staying at Tomah Mountain Lodge for a short break in July 2013. My partner had booked the trip as a surprise and what a wonderful surprise it was! Bill and Gai have opened up their beautiful home to guests. A warm fire welcomed us. Our room was exquisite and very comfortable. Bill and Gai cooked amazing, gourmet meals for dinner and breakfast and their congenial company and advice enabled us to make the most of our visit to the Blue Mountains. I have many happy memories.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had a lovely stay at Tomah Mountain Lodge. The home is beautiful and the food wonderful. It's well worth staying for the gourmet candlelit dinner which was first class. The hosts were very pleasant and made sure we were very well looked after. Everything was beautifully presented. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

We visited the blue mountains this Easter for the first time, landscape & scenery aside, our night at Tomah Mountain Lodge was an experience we will never forget. We were very well looked after, service was 5 star. We took the opportunity to have Bill & Gai cook for us. I couldn't be more positive about the food, it was quality, as good as any 5 star restaurant in Sydney. He certainly has a great cooking talent.
Will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Staying at Tomah Mountain Lodge was the perfect wedding anniversary gift for each other. The lodge was very modern and clean with a perfect country feel. We had plenty of time to relax and to talk by ourselves, and to reflect on our lives at the moment. Having left the kids at mums for the night made for a very quiet and relaxing time. Sitting by the log fire sipping wine was nice and peaceful. We especially loved the three course dinner and the country breakfast. Yum!! I have made recommendations to my parents to stay here to experience it for them selves. I would like to thank Bill and Gai for spoiling us and for being so welcoming into their beautiful and peaceful home.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple