“Brilliant day out for all the family”
Review of Wildwood Escot

Wildwood Escot
More attraction details
Owner description: Escot is known as the Natural Place for good reason. In the 220 acres of parkland, threatened native species such as the iconic red squirrel and the secretive water vole have found sanctuary in surroundings steeped in history and filled with beautiful plants and champion trees. Meet Escot’s family of otters, wild boar and the stunning birds of prey. There’s woodland to explore, wetlands to navigate, a maze to solve and so much more.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Something for everyone, gardens, saxon village,red squirrels, really good maize, play park areas.Plenty of space for all.

RobinSavill, General Manager at Wildwood Escot, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review - and thanks for the maximum score too!

It sounds like you got to enjoy everything on offer and I'm so glad you appreciated the space that Escot has become well known for.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Escot soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had just the nicest family day ! Very friendly staff, reasonable entrance fee. A beautiful setting, not commercialised like lots of other local attractions, which we loved. Very natural setting. Fred (7 years) learnt how to build a fire, he also made a name badge from wood. We watched the otters being fed, which was just so lovely. We watched the birds of prey, and we couldn't believe how friendly the red squirrels were !! amazing. We arrived at 11 and left at 5.30 !! Fred said this was the best place he had ever been...which says it all !!! well done to all the staff for making this such a lovely, happy and peaceful environment... 10/10

What a lovely review; thank you so much.

I'm so glad that you considered Escot to be good value and also glad that you all had such a great time meeting our animals and taking part in the activities.

I am particular pleased to hear that Fred thought Escot was the best place ever!

As always, your comments have been passed on to the hardworking Escot team who do their very best to ensure that visitors like Fred always have a wonderful time.

Thanks again for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I would like to thank Julie and all other staff at Escot for an amazing day 25th May 2014. Julie's knowledge of the birds and handling of the birds was just wonderful.

I would truely like to recommend anyone to take up a Birds of Prey session at Escot as not only was it interesting Julie was able to answer any quesitons about the birds that you could think of, there was nothing she did not know.

Such an amazing experience even though I was only a spectator as it was my husband's gift to expereince the birds of prey day, I was just in awe of it all. Brilliant, amazing. Thank you.

RobinSavill, General Manager at Wildwood Escot, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for sending in such a lovely review. Our falconers, Karen and Julie, really know their subject inside out and I am so glad that you and your husband had such an enjoyable time.

I will pass your comments on to Julie, who will be so pleased that you took the time to send in your comments.

I do hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We had a great day. The otters and bits of prey were great. The walks through the woods and views are lovely but the maze is the stand out attraction it's amazing. Me and my wife ran around for about 40 minutes. It's massive. We also did the segway rally which was brilliant highly highly recommend it.

RobinSavill, General Manager at Wildwood Escot, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review and another maximum score!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit. Our family of otters and the birds of prey are always popular, as is the maze. You did well to get round in 40 minutes; we have had visitors lost in there for much longer!

Glad you enjoyed the Segways too.

The maze is equipped with some special gates that we can move to change the route, so I hope we'll see you again soon for a fresh challenge!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

A reasonably priced attraction, with lots of outdoor activities. Great for children. Ropes to climb up and down steep slopes, a maze, letterboxing.

Although they say they only have seven squirrels there were also three or four young ones playing. Patience paid off and returning to the squirrel enclosure about 3pm gave us many photographic opportunities. All running around playing and coming up to us.

Plenty of seating areas to have a picnic. There is also a restaurant, which we did not visit. Kiosks selling ice creams, teas and coffees, These were reasonably priced.

Downside possibly for children is that they cannot go in and pet the guinea pigs, although it looked like this could be done in the past. There are owls and birds of prey that can be seen close up and falconry displays. The otters are easily visible and peacocks wander the grounds

All staff we encountered were really friendly and helpful.

Overall a good day out.

Thank you for giving us the maximum score in your lovely review.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Escot and that you considered it to be good value for money. I am also pleased that your patience was rewarded by a great performance from the squirrels. We used to allow access to Pets’ Corner but made the decision, a couple of years ago, to change this policy in the interests of animal welfare.

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our “friendly and helpful” staff. Everyone at Escot works extremely hard to provide the best possible experience for our visitors. As always, your comments will be passed on to the team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.