“Wonderful memories :-)”
Review of Wildwood Escot

Wildwood Escot
More attraction details
Owner description: Escot is known as the Natural Place for good reason. In the 220 acres of parkland, threatened native species such as the iconic red squirrel and the secretive water vole have found sanctuary in surroundings steeped in history and filled with beautiful plants and champion trees. Meet Escot’s family of otters, wild boar and the stunning birds of prey. There’s woodland to explore, wetlands to navigate, a maze to solve and so much more.
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We visited Escot with our 12 year old daughter and had a fabulous time.

The otters where adorable if somewhat noisy! The grounds are beautiful and a joy to walk around. Unless it's high summer I would suggest you take wellies as it can be a bit muddy in places.

The maze was brilliant. After an hour we still hadn't managed to find the middle!

They have some of the biggest owls we have ever seen...magnificent creatures.

The saxon village was a highlight for our daughter. There were some lovely people in there who spent ages with her helping her making a bottle out of wood which she loved :-)

The highlight had to be the red squirrels. Such beautiful, inquisitive animals. One ran along the rail and leapt onto my partner and then scampered off again...made his day :-)

Overall we felt this was a great place for younger children although there is definitely something for everyone.

We will certainly return!

RobinSavill, General Manager at Wildwood Escot, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thanks for your lovely review.

I'm so glad that you all had a fabulous time. The maze is a bit of a challenge, isn't it. And, just when you think you've got it worked out, we switch the gates, changing the route!

Lovely to hear that you enjoyed the Saxon Village and the birds of prey. Oh yes, and those red squirrels - fast becoming everyone's favourite.

It's great to hear that you'll be returning. We look forward to welcoming you back - and we'll ask the otters to be a little less noisy next time!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Something for everyone, gardens, saxon village,red squirrels, really good maize, play park areas.Plenty of space for all.

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review - and thanks for the maximum score too!

It sounds like you got to enjoy everything on offer and I'm so glad you appreciated the space that Escot has become well known for.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Escot soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had just the nicest family day ! Very friendly staff, reasonable entrance fee. A beautiful setting, not commercialised like lots of other local attractions, which we loved. Very natural setting. Fred (7 years) learnt how to build a fire, he also made a name badge from wood. We watched the otters being fed, which was just so lovely. We watched the birds of prey, and we couldn't believe how friendly the red squirrels were !! amazing. We arrived at 11 and left at 5.30 !! Fred said this was the best place he had ever been...which says it all !!! well done to all the staff for making this such a lovely, happy and peaceful environment... 10/10

What a lovely review; thank you so much.

I'm so glad that you considered Escot to be good value and also glad that you all had such a great time meeting our animals and taking part in the activities.

I am particular pleased to hear that Fred thought Escot was the best place ever!

As always, your comments have been passed on to the hardworking Escot team who do their very best to ensure that visitors like Fred always have a wonderful time.

Thanks again for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I would like to thank Julie and all other staff at Escot for an amazing day 25th May 2014. Julie's knowledge of the birds and handling of the birds was just wonderful.

I would truely like to recommend anyone to take up a Birds of Prey session at Escot as not only was it interesting Julie was able to answer any quesitons about the birds that you could think of, there was nothing she did not know.

Such an amazing experience even though I was only a spectator as it was my husband's gift to expereince the birds of prey day, I was just in awe of it all. Brilliant, amazing. Thank you.

RobinSavill, General Manager at Wildwood Escot, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for sending in such a lovely review. Our falconers, Karen and Julie, really know their subject inside out and I am so glad that you and your husband had such an enjoyable time.

I will pass your comments on to Julie, who will be so pleased that you took the time to send in your comments.

I do hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We had a great day. The otters and bits of prey were great. The walks through the woods and views are lovely but the maze is the stand out attraction it's amazing. Me and my wife ran around for about 40 minutes. It's massive. We also did the segway rally which was brilliant highly highly recommend it.

RobinSavill, General Manager at Wildwood Escot, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review and another maximum score!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit. Our family of otters and the birds of prey are always popular, as is the maze. You did well to get round in 40 minutes; we have had visitors lost in there for much longer!

Glad you enjoyed the Segways too.

The maze is equipped with some special gates that we can move to change the route, so I hope we'll see you again soon for a fresh challenge!