“The perfect Farmhouse B&B”
Review of Gosford Pines

Gosford Pines
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ottery St. Mary
Gosford Pines
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Thanks to the lovely welcome from Judy, my 3 year old twins and I had the most perfect and welcome stay. From the moment we drove into the farm yard and were welcomed, we felt relaxed and calm. Having put the boys to bed I also had time to sit and read my book in calm beside a lovely open fire - the best way to wind down after a day of house-hunting with 2 small children in tow!
We stayed for 2 nights in a lovely large en suite bedroom, and Judy was kind enough to put some soya milk in a flask in the rook for me as I am lactose intolerant. She also took great care of us for breakfast and we had a perfectly sized full English vegetarian breakfast as well. Plenty of toast, juice and tea as well so it really did set us up beautifully each day.
I look forward to staying again with my husband, and recommending this wonderful B&B to all our friends and family in the many years to come when we finally do move back to Devon.
A huge thank you to lovely Judy for her welcome of us all, and for her patience when my boys decided to run around her house! And even finding the bag of lego for the boys and helping them build the tallest tower ever.....
Our very best wishes for 2014.

Room Tip: It is all lovely, bear in mind this is the Devon countryside and it is very quiet, the occasional mo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer C

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We found this to be a really nice place to stay, my brother and I stayed
for a couple of nights the owner keeps the place spotless and is very
friendly and helpful. The downside is we had a large bathroom but no
shower maybe some people don't mind this, but I do like to get up and
have a shower, also we could,nt turn the radiators off the weather was
quite mild and the bedroom got really hot.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We had a lovely two night stay here. we stayed in the family room, which was huge!The view from the window was stunning. The room was very clean and the beds comfortable.This place is very quite, apart from a little mooing from the cows next door! but that just reminded us we were out in the country! Judy was a lovely host and accommodated my daughters needs, who has a peanut allergy. We had a lovely peaceful time. Would definitely stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed at this gorgeous b & b as we were attending a wedding at Cadhay House. Judy was a wonderful hostess. Nothing was too much trouble for her. The house and gardens are well kept and immaculate. It is a great place to stay. Very peaceful location.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TAC C
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We were looking for accommodation near Escot Park for an event we were taking part in. Quick search on the internet and found this guest house practically across the road. Great communication from the hosts to book which is reassuring. Finding it in the dark, pouring rain up and down country lanes was a bit tricky, as we decided not to follow the instructions on the web site ?? When we eventually used the instructions provided on the web site it was easy :) Lesson learned!
Judy noticed us arriving and came out to welcome us. The house is lovely very old farm house it was warm and welcoming, I think Judy said it goes back to the 1700's. So if your looking for pristine, plastic and modern this is not the place for you.
The twin room we had was HUGE you don't get that from the picture apparently all 3 guest rooms are pretty big. I believe the twin is the best for the size and the view, although I think Judy mentioned that it is a King size bed in the double so you wont be squeezed in. Great tea and coffee making facilities with fresh milk in a flask which is a nice touch.
The bathroom also really big, with a large corner bath and a power shower.
Everything is immaculate and fresh.
We found the beds a bit firm, however we have moved on to the memory foam mattresses at home and I think that once you start sleeping on them you get used to them. I would say the beds are probably about as firm as I used to have and the linens are all good quality too so don't worry.
There is a choice of feathers or Not for your bedding so it is worth mentioning to Judy on booking what your preference is, I am not a feather fan. There is a small TV in the room too.
The area is quiet so if you don't like a noisy neighbourhood this is great . There is a farm next door so there is a little noise from that in the mornings but it was a hum of machinery so not a problem. You are in the country so should be expected. The gardens look lovely and there was a bit of wild life around too, I can imagine it is stunning in the summer. The tennis court is a bit worn but if you fancy a bit of a game is would be fab.
The old English traditions continue to breakfast, silver teapots and old silver cutlery :) A lovely old style dining room and a good selection on cereals and a fresh cooked breakfast with local produce done the way you want it .
There is a living room with a large fire place and bigger TV if you have a couple of rooms and want to chill together.
It is an old family house and a little worn in places but that is what gives it its charm and character.
I would not hesitate to stay again when in the area and would recommend you visit.

Room Tip: I would perhaps choose the twin as I think it has a better view as it has a double aspect window bu...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We spent one night here to go to a party in OsM. The entire experience was a joy from start to finish. Judy was a complete star. I don't know when we will be next in the area but we will certainly stay here

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 26 April 2012

It is tucked away down a counrty lane but even with a sat nav was easy to find. We spent two nights there and used all of the three rooms that are available. All the rooms were warm and extremely spacious. The twin room had a fantastic power shower, the family room had a bath and the double had a shower - the pictures on the website are accurate. The inclusive breakfast was one of the best I have had and Judy was an excellent host. The views from the house are stunning and had the weather been better we would have taken advantage of this.

If we returned to the area I wouldn't hestitate in going back to this gem.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank sheffieldwanderer

Been to Gosford Pines? Share your experiences!