“Lovely Food, Great Location”

The Tumbling Weir Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ottery St. Mary
Ottery St. Mary, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food, Great Location”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We went here for our staff christmas party, the food was excellent, the atmosphere friendly and welcoming, we all really enjoyed our evening, the service was first class, would definatley book again and would recomend to anyone

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank allangi101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel. The management are unobtrusive but there when you want them. The breakfasts were very well prepared and filling and served in a lovely dining room. The grounds are beautiful and I can imagine this would be a perfect location for a big event like a wedding. It is a short and lovely stroll into the town through a pretty park and on the way back you can read the poem Kubla Khan on the kerbstones. This should raise the hairs on the back of your neck if you love romantic poetry.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stephenmanuel
Sheffield
Reviewed 8 February 2014

At the Tumbling Weir we were made very welcome. The rooms are very comfortable, quiet and exceptionally clean. We didn't have a full evening meal bit a selection of starters between us which were very good and the breakfast outstanding. The grounds are extensive and in the summer it would be lovely to sit out on the terrace. Don't be put off by a two star rating this is five star service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellersSheffield
Pontypool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have recently stayed 4 nights at the Tumbling Weir Hotel. I was met by Lynne and received a very warm welcome and nothing was too much trouble even had my case carried upstairs which is a rare occurrence these days and I stay away a great deal. My room was well furnished spotlessly clean. The bed and bedding was very good I had excellent nights sleep. The food is of a very good quality all home made even to the marmalade and jam. I can honestly say that I looked forward to sampling the evening menu. I would recommend anyone to stay here yes the entrance is a little unusual but the hotel is a gem. Excellent service from Lynne and Paul they made my stay very enjoyable as I was working. Thank you both

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank debbie_clarke61
Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

As a hardened traveler I have had the opportunity to stay in very many hotels, I have never taken the time to review any. However I felt compelled as I find some of the reviews unfair in regard to this hotel and in particular the personal comments made about the owners, which in the first instance had nearly swayed me away from this hotel.

The hotel is situated in a very quite area but close to the town and Sainsburys which is only a few minutes walk through a lovely park area. On arrival we were greeted by Lynn who I may say was extremely pleasant and helpful and shown to our room which was very clean and comfortable. As we were staying for four nights we had the opportunity to sample both breakfast and evening meals, all of which were excellent and preferred to eat in the hotel rather than elsewhere, nothing was to much trouble for either Lynn Paul or any of the staff that we had the pleasure of meeting.

I can only say that I would be very happy to book this hotel again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank A B
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Just a one night stay - wished we'd stayed in for dinner as since heard excellent reviews
Extremely clean hotel and very welcoming and comfortable - yep strange entrance through the old mill but so what - enjoy a walk through the park into the centre too

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Faversham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This small hotel was once again first class. This time, on my second visit, I was in a small double room, which was very clean and comfortable. The hotel is tucked away with an unusual approach but this has nothing to do with the hotel so to me this is not a call for complaint as one is not stopping in the derelict buildings or in the unmade open space. It is also a small family run hotel, which is very friendly, and from experience worldwide of a large number of hotels both for business and pleasure, ranks well in terms of . If you want a large hotel with no soul and normally a service to match then go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the gardens