A truly great day at a friends wedding yesterday. The venue is stunning and very interesting. The grounds are expansive and generally well kept.
The service from the bar staff was very good and we rarely had to wait at the bar. Catering (from Barretts) was outstanding for a large group and it appears they are able to really personalise the menu to suit your needs.
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this place for a wedding based on my experience as the manor has got real soul and old world charm. It's not all new and shiny but it is well kept and beautifully presented and delivers a much better experience than the chain hotels. It also possesses a character abd quirkyness that will leave lasting memories for the wedding party and guests.
We didn't stay over but those that did seemed satisfied.
In one word - Outstanding
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning Cheshire venue for weddings and celebrations both large and intimate, whilst also the perfect choice for meetings, conferences and corporate events. Exclusive use Manor House- 200 dining Lakeside Marquee- 500 guests Manor House- 22 double bedrooms, 12 Cottage & Mews apartments. Whether planning your wedding, looking for the perfect venue, a place to stay whilst in on business, or a country cottage getaway - Thornton Manor is the perfect venue to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Thornton Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornton Manor Hotel Thornton Hough
- Thornton Manor Thornton Hough, Wirral