Got married at Thornton Manor on Saturday, and can't rate it highly enough.
Stunning location, grounds and building - the music room was perfect for the wedding breakfast, and the grounds provided a superb location for photos and drinks. It has the most amazing "wow factor both for you and your guests. The many rooms, staircases and alcoves provided character and options for chill out, catch up and would have been ideal if the weather had been bad - it wasn't! Sure, it is not cheap, but in addition to the venue, you also get professional, attentive and extremely approachable and 'can do' staff! Nothing was too much trouble - it runs on rails, but every little thing is taken care of and nothing is too much trouble. It has to be said that we found the odd bit of pre-wedding administration was slightly clunky and not hugely efficient, but this did not carry through to the day itself during which everything was superb!
Above and beyond the venue, you MUST use Amber Outside Catering! Faris seems to be on call 24/7, always with a smile on his face and always in complete control. At one point we were close to 1.5 hrs behind schedule, but he was calmness-personified and was only interested in ensuring we had enough to eat and drink. Exactly the safe pair of hands and "can do"attitude you need on what is inevitably a stressful day. All the guests commented on the food - tasty and extremely well presented, and everyone said how full they were as a result! I cannot recommend Faris and his time highly enough, and they ensured that the whole Thornton Manor wedding experience was beyond our highest possible hopes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning Cheshire venue for weddings and celebrations both large and intimate, whilst also the perfect choice for meetings, conferences and corporate events. Exclusive use Manor House- 200 dining Lakeside Marquee- 500 guests Manor House- 22 double bedrooms, 12 Cottage & Mews apartments. Whether planning your wedding, looking for the perfect venue, a place to stay whilst in on business, or a country cottage getaway - Thornton Manor is the perfect venue to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Thornton Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornton Manor Hotel Thornton Hough
- Thornton Manor Thornton Hough, Wirral