With 18 months of planning our wedding...Thornton Manor has got to be THE most perfect wedding venue.
Exclusive use of the manor in beautiful grounds makes the day so special. Everything was extremely well organised on the day....a huge thankyou to Joe and Steve... You were Fantastic!! I did not have to worry about any timings or organising you took great care of it all and made the day run so smoothly....It did not go un-noticed how thoughtful you guys were...every last detail from fluffing up my dress to finding me a hairdryer in the evening!
All rooms are stunning and look even more beautiful with the wedding flowers. Our ceremony was lovely with the added bonus of nice weather allowing us to walk back through our guests on red carpet outside in the beautiful surroundings for photos.
The main room for wedding breakfast... just looked out of this world!! would recommend purple/pink uplighters around the room and use of the candelabras, such a stunning effect and looks great on the photos. We had harpist playing which suits the venue perfectly.
Anne Wilson's catering was delicious and served in a very timely manner... Lots of positive comments from guests....Thankyou
The manor is very spacious for guests to spread out and relax in other areas... French Room was lovely at the end of the evening. Also nice to have candy cart and photo booth in other rooms to make full use of the manor.
Nothing was a problem, we were made to feel so welcome by all of the staff throughout the planning stages and on the big day.
I would recommend staying in cottages the night before as myself, bridesmaids and mother of the bride did...Nice to start the celebrations the night before and all get ready together on site... even tho they are quite expensive they are spacious and homely.
The only comment I could make would be that the bride and grooms breakfast was included with no added charge!
I would highly recommend Thornton Manor for your wedding.... its every girls dream!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning Cheshire venue for weddings and celebrations both large and intimate, whilst also the perfect choice for meetings, conferences and corporate events. Exclusive use Manor House- 200 dining Lakeside Marquee- 500 guests Manor House- 22 double bedrooms, 12 Cottage & Mews apartments. Whether planning your wedding, looking for the perfect venue, a place to stay whilst in on business, or a country cottage getaway - Thornton Manor is the perfect venue to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Thornton Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornton Manor Hotel Thornton Hough
- Thornton Manor Thornton Hough, Wirral