My husband and I got married at Thornton Manor in July 2010 and had the best day of our lives (see earlier review). With the manor not being a hotel, we did not anticipate the opportunity to revisit without being invited to another event there (unfortunately not happened yet!). However, we spotted an offer to stay in one of the outside annex rooms on wowcher and jumped at the chance to go back. Before arrival we got in touch and asked if it might be possible to go around the manor and grounds and reminisce about our special day. No problem, we were told. We approached with mixed feelings of excitement and nervousness. Our memories of Thornton Manor were phenomenal - surely visiting the place in more normal circumstances, as ordinary guests, would only lead to disappointment?
We were greeted by Diane, who welcomed us like old friends and informed us that we had been upgraded to the bridal mews (WOW!), complete with jacuzzi bath, superking bed and substantial living room. The friendly reception by all staff we encountered put us at ease straight away. We had the most amazing time ambling around this amazing building, exploring the grounds and relaxing in the jacuzzi bath! There were several couples touring the manor while we were there, and we had to stop ourselves from persuading them to book! The next morning, on checkout we chatted to Philip - a lovely man. We left bubbling with a feeling not dissimilar to how we felt three years ago and once again have found ourselves brimming with happiness since leaving.
So, what is so special about Thornton Manor? Undoubtedly the building speaks for itself. It is amazing. The Dining Room, the Music Room, the mass of space that is all yours for the day - all of this makes for a wonderful wedding. But for us, what makes Thornton Manor really special is the people. Diane and Philip are lovely, lovely people, who care about your experience in their manor. You get such great service with this place it is untrue. We knew that the manor had expanded somewhat since our wedding day, but were so pleased to see that Philip and Diane have created a team that perpetuate their ethos.
We are so happy that we chose Thornton Manor as our wedding venue and are still buzzing about our experience more than three years on. Go and see for yourself - you won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning Cheshire venue for weddings and celebrations both large and intimate, whilst also the perfect choice for meetings, conferences and corporate events. Exclusive use Manor House- 200 dining Lakeside Marquee- 500 guests Manor House- 22 double bedrooms, 12 Cottage & Mews apartments. Whether planning your wedding, looking for the perfect venue, a place to stay whilst in on business, or a country cottage getaway - Thornton Manor is the perfect venue to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Thornton Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornton Manor Hotel Thornton Hough
- Thornton Manor Thornton Hough, Wirral