My husband and I had our reception at Thornton Manor which is a truly magical venue. I had the wedding I had always dreamed of as a little girl. As you enter the grounds they are breathtaking and the music room where we had our reception is so grand it made me feel like a princess!! The day however I feel would not have been as perfect as it was without our caterers chapman Holmes! They are the best for a reason and have the added bonus of sue who was my fairy godmother for the day. She goes well beyond the call of duty for her brides and leaves you feeling relaxed as you know everything is taken care of! All of my guests commented on the service we received.
As the grounds are so big we could afford to have a lot of extras. We had ice creams for daytime and evening guests curtesy of the ice dream experience. They arrived in traditional dress which was a lovely touch to our day.
After the wedding breakfast we cut the cakes and the evening guests started to arrive. It must have looked stunning as they walked in with all the fire burners outside that the manor has. To give you an idea of how large the manor is I had booked a photo booth, fruit palm tree, chocolate fountain candy buffet and cheese table as well as the ice creams, I only thank god that sue was there to sort it all out and she made it look amazing. Chapman Holmes transformed the reception room ready for the party in the evening with such ease, no problems ( well if there were any we didn't know about it).
Later on in the evening when we had the fire works and in the setting of Thornton manor it was like a fairy tale!! The pictures that we had taken by keyhole studios are amazing couldn't ask for better.
The staff at Thornton manor are extremely professional, kind and courteous with a willingness to help from the minute we booked the venue to the minute we checked out. In the morning the staff were there making cups of tea for everyone who had managed to drag themselves out of bed.
Its hard to some up into a review like this everything i wish to say. People ask me is there anything that I would change on my wedding day and the answer is no I had the perfect wedding day!! If you are looking for a venue that truly wows your guests and makes you feel like a princess then this is the venue for you!! The minute you see it you fall in love with it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning Cheshire venue for weddings and celebrations both large and intimate, whilst also the perfect choice for meetings, conferences and corporate events. Exclusive use Manor House- 200 dining Lakeside Marquee- 500 guests Manor House- 22 double bedrooms, 12 Cottage & Mews apartments. Whether planning your wedding, looking for the perfect venue, a place to stay whilst in on business, or a country cottage getaway - Thornton Manor is the perfect venue to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Thornton Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornton Manor Hotel Thornton Hough
- Thornton Manor Thornton Hough, Wirral