We stayed at Thornton Hall for one night while attending a function. The garden bedroom was fantastic. The room itself was very clean and had a beautiful view of the gardens and main house. The en-suite, again very clean and even had a tv built into the wall to enable you to relax in the bath while watching it. Yes, there was a remote control aswell. The only negative comment here and it is not about the room but, I didn't really enjoy being woken up at 6.45am by Bob the builder, at full volume from another room.
We ate afternoon tea in the bar and I would recommend it, however let me describe the scones to you. One each, they came warm with cream and jam but were the size of a conker! I think there must be a competition somewhere in the catering industry to produce a quality micro scone, and Thornton hall are definatley a contender! However, on saying that, there was no problem when we requested two more.
We used the Spa and again, very clean in all areas; changing rooms, pool, steam room etc. Can't fault it.
The evening meal at our function was exceptionally good and there was plenty of it.
The only negative thing I would comment on is: the staff in the function room. Everything appeared to be a bother, none of them could raise a smile and their uniforms were not very clean, e.g. some of the male staff had dirty marks on their ties which was clearly visable.
A good venue with excellent Spa facilities. This is a good wedding venue so not the place for a quiet romantic weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious Spa Resort - 20 minutes from Liverpool and Chester. Free high speed Wifi throughout the hotel, including all bedrooms, Smart TV's now in every bedroom offering a huge selection of channels and interactive services including Sky Sports 1,2 & 3, free car parking. Nestled in the Wirral Countryside and conveniently located for Manchester, Merseyside & North Wales. Our luxurious four star hotel offers state of the art conference facilities for up to 650 delegates & event management along with one of the finest Spas in the North West, offering an amazing array of spa treatments and spa packages to suit everyone, both Holistic and Clinical treatments. 20 metre pool, outdoor Hydro Spa Pools, Gym, Sauna, Steam Room, Tranquility Suite and New Rasul Room, makeup styling Suite and additional dual treatment room. Plus Golf Breaks playing at Heswall Golf Club one of the finest courses in the region. Delighted to be Headquarter hotel to the R&A Open Golf Championship 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornton Hall Hotel Thornton Hough
- Thornton Hall Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Thornton Hall
- Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa Thornton Hough, Wirral