“Very good but won't be back” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa

Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thornton Hough
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Very good but won't be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

After staying here on business I emailed the hotel to reserve seven more stays ! Still waiting for a reply after two weeks and have decided to book another hotel. Having said that the hotel was very good. The food was also very good. The only downside was the rooms could do with an update. Would stay here again ( if given the chance)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Martin T
GeoffD, General Manager at Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the comments you made.
I am sorry to hear you have been unable to make your future reservations with us, if you are in the area again we would be delighted to welcome you back, please contact us on 0151 336 3938 or email reservations@thorntonhallhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I arrived at this place not to be told I was even staying their, then they apologized and moved me to a room with a bunk bed for a 5 year old? great value for £149!! The meal was cold and in the morning they still wanted to charge full price? I calmly walked out and didn't pay. I heard shouts that i will be called but i haven't yet been.
DONT STAY HERE

Room Tip: dont let them stick you on a bunk bed
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank goegre w
GeoffD, General Manager at Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
We do not have bunk beds and no-one has left without paying...perhaps you have the wrong hotel??
Wirral, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

been a regular visitor to tribute nights here but the food portions have really shrunk,the plate was only half full,and i ask the waitress for some more potatoes ,only to be told,im not allowed,inthe pasti have really loved visiting here ,not sure i will be back,

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alanerobson
GeoffD, General Manager at Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you for your comments, I am really surprised to hear of your disapointment. As you know we always try to exceed guest expectations, I have passed your comments to my team.
I hope we will see you at a future event.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed overnight with my wife as we were picking up our son from Liverpool University. There are some really good things about this hotel but it's not perfect. We stayed because the hotel was offering 50% off dinner, bed and breakfast. However at £149 for an executive room I thought this was fair value but nothing more.The staff were great and we had one of the garden balcony rooms. The accommotion block looks a bit utilitarian and a bit dated but the room itself was fine and was spotlessly clean. The decor was great and there was plenty of space. It was disappointing that the bath took ages to fill and not having wireless Internet access was a pity. The bed was good but the pillows were pretty unforgiving and I would take my own if I went again. The facilities though were good and very comfortable.

Having arrived quite late we soon went for dinner. This was a really good experience. The staff were absolutely excellent and the food didn't disappoint. It was interesting and imaginative and beautifully presented. The wine list was pretty pricey but we had a delicious house New Zealand Sauvignon although at £26 it wasn't brilliant value. The restaurant is very attractive and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

We had a pretty good sleep although the heating system noise was a bit irritating. However otherwise our room was very quiet. In the morning we headed for the Spa and Gym and this was great with a good sized pool and some great hot tubs in the garden. Once again the staff were really helpful and courteous. After a good swim we headed for breakfast which was really good. We both opted for the smoked haddock which was beautifully cooked and well served - a really good breakfast.

This hotel is fine with a good restaurant and great Spa. It wasn't quite good enough to ensure that we wouldn't think of trying other hotels on the Wirral next time we fancy making a night of it when we do the University run. However that doesn't mean that we wouldn't come back - because we might!

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view room.
1 Thank Wrecktor
Thank you for your kind comments, I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and in particular dinner and breakfast. I appreciate all comments and genuinely strive to exceed expectations. My team are always on hand if you have comments or requests during your stay.

Incidentally we are just in the process of upgrading our wireless, installing the latest BT technology to ensure a high speed free wireless service for all guests throughout the hotel, this will be complete over the next 2 weeks.

I hope we will welcome you back soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

After struggling to find something to do an some where to go for my girlfriends birthday a friend recommended some spa treatments and perhaps an overnight stay at Thorton Hall. Being male I wasn't exactly too sure on what it was that I wanted so I called up the Spa and found them very helpfull in talking me through the packages available to cater for the time i was there, between them and the hotel I found the service before I had even arrived to be excellent when dealing with someone as clueless as myself.

I wanted to keep the hole weekend a surprise from my girlfriend and just informed her that we would be going for an evening meal not an overnight stay and spa treatments the next day. I had arranged with the deputy manager James, who I had dealt on the phone, to move the bags from my car to my room whilst we had dinner. The quality of the food was excellent and offered a wide choice to cater for my fussy girlfriend and all at a reasonable price. There was a large variety of wine from many different regions which was a bit over my head so stuck to bottle of rosé and champagne.

After dinner we headed to our room where the staff had moved our bags in and lay rose bottles around the room. For me this just made the hole experiance that much more amazing. The next day we left the room and spent the day at the spa. I spent most the day around the gym and in the outside Jacuzi whilst my girlfriend had her spa treatments.

I'd like to thank thornton hall and all the staff for making this one of the most memorial weekends Id ever had. Definitely recomed it to anyway that wanted a romantic weekend away or just looking to treat someone with a spa package. The staff are extremely helpfull and all ways looking to make you stay that much more special and unique.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank SebRooney
I am delighted you both enjoyed your stay with us so much, and hope your girlfriend was suitably impressed with your surprise!

Hope to see you both again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed over night for the westlife tribute night. arrived early afternoon and made use of the spa facilities. No complaints at all about this hotel. Very clean hotel, spa & swimming pool. Excellent staff, very attentive. Breakfast area was busy, but the food was nice. The tribute night was very good and the meal served was good.a few hen parties in that got louder as the night went on,,,didnt bother us,,but some older parties may find it a bit much.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed our Showtime Event and that you made a short break of it using the Spa facilities during the day.

Hope to see you at a future event!
Wirral
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed overnight on the occasion of my daughters wedding was upgraded on our room because of a booking problem !, ended up in a really nice room ! overlooking the back garden !, food was really good, hotel amazingly clean, staff very nice, wedding went so smoothly would recommend to anyone thinking about having their wedding there !

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments, I'm delighted your daughters wedding was enjoyed so much and thank you for the recommendation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton Hough
#1 of 3 in Bromborough
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,379 reviews
Inglewood Manor
#3 of 3 in Ledsham

Been to Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!