The hotel has some great facilities in the form of the spa and treatment centre. However, the room had a musty feel and smell as did the carpets in the hallway, definitely in need of a clean! Our experience started with arriving at the time we had some treatments booked due to a navigation mishap. We asked the two young receptionist to phone to let them know of the delay whilst we took our luggage to our room which was not in the main hotel but is a crossroads like annexe, we were told that this would be ok. However, when we got there resulted in our 25 min treatments reduced to 15mins!!! Not a good start. When then made our way over to the spa area. The 20 metre pool was great, though not the cleanest. They have two outdoor hot tubs, neither of them seem very hot. The steam room was hot though.
The receptionist who seem to work as a pair, asked us if we would like robes, we said yes, but we never got them. If we wanted paper in the morning, we never got it.
The bathroom was nice, but the finish was disappointing, not least the peeble dash of grouting still on the tiles.
The hotel seems to lack identity, not sure if it is a boutique or country manor type hotel and succeeds in being neither. The plastic flowers in the main areas and outside really are tacky!
Breakfast was good, although no soya milk! most staff were very friendly, some quirky! Overall, it was worth the £89 we paid for bed and breakfast, but no more.
Thornton Hough is a really delightful picturesque timber clad village. The hotel would do well to echo the beauty and themes on offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious Spa Resort - 20 minutes from Liverpool and Chester. Free high speed Wifi throughout the hotel, including all bedrooms, Smart TV's now in every bedroom offering a huge selection of channels and interactive services including Sky Sports 1,2 & 3, free car parking. Nestled in the Wirral Countryside and conveniently located for Manchester, Merseyside & North Wales. Our luxurious four star hotel offers state of the art conference facilities for up to 650 delegates & event management along with one of the finest Spas in the North West, offering an amazing array of spa treatments and spa packages to suit everyone, both Holistic and Clinical treatments. 20 metre pool, outdoor Hydro Spa Pools, Gym, Sauna, Steam Room, Tranquility Suite and New Rasul Room, makeup styling Suite and additional dual treatment room. Plus Golf Breaks playing at Heswall Golf Club one of the finest courses in the region. Delighted to be Headquarter hotel to the R&A Open Golf Championship 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornton Hall Hotel Thornton Hough
- Thornton Hall Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Thornton Hall
- Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa Thornton Hough, Wirral