Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
  • Restaurant
US$102
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
Travelodge Bromborough Hotel(Bromborough)(Great Value!)
US$51
Travelodge
Very Good 4/5
    Leverhulme Hotel & Spa(Port Sunlight)
    US$169
    US$54
    Travelodge
    Woodcote Hotel(Ellesmere Port)
    US$100
    Great 4.5/5
    Brook Meadow Hotel(Childer Thornton)
    US$88
    • Breakfast included
    US$135
    • Restaurant
    1,472 results
    All reviewslawns restaurantsnow cavethe outdoor hot tubsteam roomthe main hotelthe penthousesnow roomafternoon teaevening mealgarden viewfrom start to finishtapasice cavebirthday treatcar parkwedding venuerelaxing break
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 17 January 2014

Very good went to see some friends stayed two days, had the run of all of the Spa room very good
    had a good nights sleep,great big bed even had a TV in the shower. breakfast very good full English first morning the next morning slight problem asked for two bacon and poached egg got two bacon four rounds of toast sent it back then got two poached eggs two bacon more toast, not a problem so I made do it was good. will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
    1  Thank Gordon G
    Geoff D, Guest Relations Manager at Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
    I am delighed to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We welcome all feedback as it is an invaluable rescource to us. I hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

There isn’t anything negative I can say about Thornton Hall. We had our civil partnership here Aug 2013 and from booking the venue to the day itself was flawless! The hotel itself it’s lovely, the staff are out of this world, couldn’t do enough for us! Our wedding day which we planned for 3 years was well worth the wait, absolutely perfect and exceeded our expectations! If you are considing booking for your wedding do it!

We stayed many times before the wedding for spa visits and mid week getaways and always had a fantastic stay also eating in the lawns restaurant were again the staff are so professional and the food is gorgeous! We have stayed in a few of the rooms including the penthouse, room 10, room 2 and garden rooms and all modern, clean and comfortable.

Our recent visit was in December and was the first time we had returned since our wedding, the lady on reception knew who we were before we gave our names and straight away upgraded us to the penthouse with no extra cost! How’s that for great customer service!!

Thornton hall is our number one choice hotel for special occasions or a small getaways and we will/do highly recommend!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
    Geoff D, Guest Relations Manager at Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is always a pleasure to welcome back famililar faces. I am delighed to hear that you both had an amazing time with us again.
    I hope to see you both again very soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have just got back from the winter treat package all I can say is wow, what a bargin and treat! We were upgraded to room 5 which is a very large room with lovely views although the only note is, even when the room was decorated it was very good quality it really could do with updating not sure if it has changed since we got married there 15 years ago. This is a very minor comment and the room was very clean.

We had the rasul treatment which was lovely and relaxing a great spa facility, can't wait to see phase 2.

We'd booked dinner for 8 pm the restaurant bar was heaving. We were a little disappointed on having to wait a while to be seated but this wait was so worth it.

We chose the taster menu the food is (was) abosultley amazing! I would really recommend the menu its well worth the money ever course just blew us away. The textures contrasting flavours the complimenting wines totally food heaven and poor theatre on a plate. Thank you so much to the chef who accommodated my nut allergy and gave us the new menu not released for the dessert course, (floating island was exquisite). Thank you so much to all the waiting on staff and managers you really made my birthday treat truly memorable, your very professional but also extremely friendly service was second to none. They where so hard working and some where there to greet us for breakfast with obviously a few hours sleep. Breakfast was of a very good standard and service. Thank you for the amazing service and food. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
    I am delighted to hear how amazing your recent stay with us. I have passed on your kind comments to all staff concerned. I hope to welcome you again to Thornton Hall.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We got married here in July and loved it. From the minute we booked right up until the day of the wedding, the process was easy and the hotel staff were very welcoming and efficient. The event co-ordinator was excellent and even though on the day we had a different person (which did concern me initially), she was fantastic and very knowledgeable. We had asked for the penthouse at first but that was quite expensive so we opted for room 2. Nearer the wedding time we decided that we wanted the penthouse due to its space and views and they were happy for us to change our booking and get it for the same price (which to me should have happened when we first booked or they should tie in the penthouse to the wedding cost). The actual day was amazing and weather was perfect so used the outside gazebo. Everything went to plan and was controlled well by the co-ordinator. Food was excellent. My only gripe was the dessert- I'm vegetarian and the dessert we opted for (assiette of desserts) wasn't veggie on the day- even though I had specifically asked for this to be. So I had to opt for fruit. And yes the drinks are very expensive- I can see this being a factor in decision making for events there. Everything else was fantastic though and I would thoroughly recommend the venue for a wedding (especially outdoor).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
    I am delighted to hear that you have had a fantastic time regarding your stay.
    I have passed on your comments to all concerned. I hope to welcome you again to Thornton Hall.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

After eating here on Christmas Eve in 2012 we booked 2 nights in 5 rooms for 11 members of our family for Christmas 2013. Through out the whole booking process from the middle of 2013 through to our check in, the staff were so helpful and friendly. The rooms were all on one corridor on the ground floor, the meals were lovely and the service impeccable. We used the swimming pool and outdoor hottub and wished we had had time to use the spa. The whole stay more than lived up to our expectations and we plan to return for Christmas 2014.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
    I am delighed to hear that you had a lovely Christmas with us. I have passed on your lovely comments to all concerned. I am so happy that you have decided to join us again this Christmas, we all look forward to welcoming you again.