We stayed for a long weekend and had a great time, with a couple of niggles.
The package we booked had a best room available, and i went with expectations of standard room, however when we arrived i found that we had been upgraded to suite, and this was like a home from home with good decor, clean and tidy and all modcons including a smart TV so could watch netflix, also really pleased that the free wi-fi was of a good standard.
For the evening we went to the Motown eveing and this was a good entertaining evening with decent enough food but was a set menu so my wife didnt like the pudding and i didnt like the starter but a good way to spend the evening.
On the second day we had a fantastic breakfast and the bacon and sausage was really good quality, and maybe ate a little too much. We went to the spa after and it really is worth going to if you are staying, Pool was a good depth throughout and in a nice setting. We tried to book dinner during but could not as fully booked. we then tried to book a joint spa treatment but was fully booked for that day so had to get an appointment for the following day, so would recomend booking everything in advance. I would like to thank Beth and Sarah on reception for managing to get a resturant booking in the lawns restaurant for my wifes birthday, and the sunday roast was amazing, the beef melted in the mouth. We spent the sunday morning relaxing in the spa, and then went for some retail therapy at Cheshire Oaks retail park.
In summary I would recomend this hotel and spa to everyone the staff were very attentive, and tried their best to resolve any problems. But make sure that you book spa treatments and dinners in advance.
Almost a 5 star review, but would definatly recomend and retuen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious Spa Resort - 20 minutes from Liverpool and Chester. Free high speed Wifi throughout the hotel, including all bedrooms, Smart TV's now in every bedroom offering a huge selection of channels and interactive services including Sky Sports 1,2 & 3, free car parking. Nestled in the Wirral Countryside and conveniently located for Manchester, Merseyside & North Wales. Our luxurious four star hotel offers state of the art conference facilities for up to 650 delegates & event management along with one of the finest Spas in the North West, offering an amazing array of spa treatments and spa packages to suit everyone, both Holistic and Clinical treatments. 20 metre pool, outdoor Hydro Spa Pools, Gym, Sauna, Steam Room, Tranquility Suite and New Rasul Room, makeup styling Suite and additional dual treatment room. Plus Golf Breaks playing at Heswall Golf Club one of the finest courses in the region. Delighted to be Headquarter hotel to the R&A Open Golf Championship 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornton Hall Hotel Thornton Hough
- Thornton Hall Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Thornton Hall
- Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa Thornton Hough, Wirral