“Brilliant Night!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thornton Hough
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Night!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was my first trip to Thornton Hall - although I had heard great things from family who had attended a wedding last year. The first thing that hit me was how incredible the room in which the party was being held looked, the team had clearly pulled out all the stops and it really made all of the difference.
The food was great, my sister commented that the vegetarian option was much better than other places she had been.
The staff were friendly and helpful, and the evening went very smoothly, couldn't ask for more really!

The only downside was that as I didn't stay over, I didn't have the chance to try out the spa or restaurant before going back home, if I'm ever invited to another function here I'll make sure to book a room and make a weekend of it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Annie M, Guest Relations Manager at Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighed to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your first experience at Thornton Hall. Out events team work extremely hard to ensure that our function rooms look absolutley amazing.
I hope to welcome you again soon.

Kindest regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Recently attended a wedding at the hotel, cannot fault one thing. The day was simply amazing. The staff and the service was brilliant with all banqueting staff being attentive and friendly with nothing too much to ask for. Daytime and evening was well organised which took a lot of weight off many peoples shoulders. Overall a well and truly 5* rating and definitely will be visiting the hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Annie M, Guest Relations Manager at Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for giving us an amazing 5 stars!!

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I attended a wedding in the torintone suite a few weeks ago it was a brilliant Day the food was great the staff were polite and helpful.
The room was lovely and the grounds beautiful.
The prices were a little bit high but what can you expect from a 4 star Hotel.
Overall it was a brilliant Day and I would to back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank kalen24
Annie M, Guest Relations Manager at Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighed to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. I very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Jenny - I would just like to thank you and your staff - The venue was prefect for our Team Building event and we all had an amazing time. The hospitality was first class please let the staff know that looked after us that they were brilliant - The bedrooms were very modern, spacious and most importantly very clean. The meals Dinner, B&B and Lunch were fantastic with lots of choice and cooked to perfection. All of my staff from GDF Suez Deeside Power Station commented on the successful event and I could not have done this without you and the professional staff you have. Keep up the good work. The 24hr day delegate rate was within the budget. I will be booking our Christmas function here without any hesitation - see you soon Thornton Hall

Room Tip: all rooms were modern and updated and spotless
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Carole196448
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and also for awarding Thornton Hall an amazing 5 stars!!

Jenny and our Events team are absolutely delighted to receive your lovely comments. Great to hear that your Team Building exercise was a huge success! We all look forward to welcoming you again for your Christmas Party!

Mamhead
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is my second time at the hotel - despite vowing previously not to return. The room was much better than before and had clearly been refurbished; we had a Garden room on the second floor of the wing in a separate building to the main hotel (linked by a walkway). The bed was comfortable, the room was bright and everything was in order. For those interested the TV was enabled for use on the free WiFi/web network (SMART TV).

This is not a particularly inexpensive hotel but does offer a really good breakfast at excellent value (£10 for a very large menu and table service), a swimming pool and easy parking. The staff always seem a bit defensive/not as cheerful as you might like but again not a major issue.

Room Tip: Try and ask for one of the newly refurbished rooms - especially over-looking the garden.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tanzey K
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighed that you had decided to return to Thornton Hall. Good to hear you both ejoyed your stay with us. I hope to welcome you again very soon.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just had a fantastic stay at Thornton Hall. Staff was friendly and attentive. My room was very clean and spacious. I was in a Dinner Bed and Breakfast Rate and I dined in Lawns Restaurant which food was amazing and taste good. Spa facilites were good. Liked idea of snow cave ( do recommend to use) Reception staff had good knowledge of the area and helped us to adventure through the Wirral Peninsula. Again Thank you very much for our lovely stay 10 out 10 hotel.

Room Tip: New Executive Boutique Rooms are outstanding !
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antp79
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for awarding Thornton Hall a wonderful 5 Stars!!

I am delighed to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us. I hope to welcome you again very soon.

Merseyside, England
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We recently held our graduation ball here, and after graduating from a long hard 3 year degree, we were all extremely excited about our ball. Planning started in February 2013, and different venues were researched. However after careful consideration we decided that Thornton hall would be the best. There were many things which have upset and angered us.
1. From the start the event organiser we dealt with was rude and unhelpful. It appeared that because we were "students" we were not worthy of the same treatment as other guests. We were TOLD that we were not allowed to have three different menu options, we would only be offered two. One of these was mushroom soup. However we requested right from the beginning, tomato soup instead. This was agreed, and three weeks ago we confirmed with the hotel that we would be allowed tomato soup. On the night of our ball, mushroom soup was served. We were told that there had been a 'typing error' with the soup, and that only mushroom soup was available. If we did not like this, we were offered a herb salad. If you did not want a herb salad, we were told that there was nothing else available. ( I had the herb salad, it was tasteless! It looked like they had just nipped out into the garden and rustled up a few leaves).
2. We were offered free bottles of wine, to make up for the mushroom soup. However only red wine was brought out. When we asked for white, we were told that there was no white wine available.
3. There was also a large wedding reception being held at the same time as our ball, it felt as though the wedding guests were prioritised over us. I wonder they were allowed 3 different menu choices? Or if white wine was available for them but not for us?
4. The room situation was diabolical. A few of our party turned up to find that rooms had been double booked, and as a result our rooms were not all together but on different floors. A few of my friends turned up ready to check in at 2pm, however there rooms were not ready, or there were members of the wedding party in them! When one of my friends eventually got to a room (her first room had been double booked) there was skid marks in the toilet, the room smelt and was musty, and there was no toilet brush cleaner in the room. When she approached the reception staff they were unhelpful. However one of them did offer to "check the CCTV". What he meant by this, we do not know, do Thornton hall have CCTV in their rooms?
5. We all paid just under £130 for our rooms, how you can justify this amount for what is actually available is shocking!
Overall, I felt as though our graduation ball was pushed to one side to accommodate the large wedding party. Given though that we had planned this over a year in advance, the hotel should have been prepared for both parties, ensuring equal quality for both.
The night itself was a success, but only because of the fantastic DJ and the company of our friends and the determination from all of us to have a good night. It was not down to Thornton hall. In retrospect, we should have chosen another venue! It was such a shame to our organiser, who put a lot of time and effort into planning this event. She also arranged our finances to ensure that deadlines set by Thornton hall were always met. I will definitely not be recommending this venue to other people for big events, as I do believe that Thornton hall were not prepared or organised for our event.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank chrischeck
Annie M, Guest Relations Manager at Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I would like to reassure you that we always strive to meet and ensure that our guests expectations are fulfulled. Our sales team are extremely experienced in dealing with all types of events. I have been advised that you were offered options regarding the soup arrangement and the majority of your guests were happy to accept this. As a gesture of goodwill we had offered wine with the option of rose also available.
I would like to offer my sincerest apologies regarding the bedroom issues. We did however offer compensation to both of your friends.
Once again thank you for your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton Hough
Leverhulme Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Port Sunlight
Central Liverpool
30 James Street, Home of the Titanic
Village Hotel Wirral
#1 of 3 in Bromborough
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,469 reviews

Been to Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!