“Relaxation - at a different level”

Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thornton Hough
“Relaxation - at a different level”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Arrived at Thornton Hall earlier today and after a fantastic lunch in the bistro we hit the Spa.

With so many options to relax from sauna and pool to outdoor jacuzzi's. But best of all is the snow room immediately after the steam room - WOW.

Massage and treatments along with mud baths and every other relaxation method you could think of.

Come again?? Not sure we will leave!,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Annie M, Guest Relations Manager at Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for awarding Thornton Hall a wonderful 5 Stars!

I am delighed to read of how much you enjoyed your stay and especially our latest attraction 'The Snow Cave'.

I hope to welcome you both again very soon.

Kindest regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Greasby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have just had our wedding at Thornton hall, its just a stunning place to have your wedding from the location to the staff, it has the wow factor, from us first booking it 15 months ago nothing has been a problem from all the meetings and the day its self. All of our guest commented what a lovely place and how much they had enjoyed the whole day, Just a quick thank you to some of the staff who help make the day so special, Laura, Joe , Derek, Anna Bianca and Sam, also the staff who were behind the scenes on the day. I managed to use the spa facilities on the day of the wedding advised by Derek which was totally enjoyable and relaxing, we would both recommend to anybody for your wedding or as a little break

Room Tip: book a garden view room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host a very special day for you, which I am thrilled to read was perfect.

We are very lucky to have such a great team of people working at the hotel who love what they do and this has clearly shone through in the build up to your wedding and the day itself. I will certainly be sharing your review with all those especially mentioned.

All the very best for the future and I hope to welcome you both again very soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Blown away again by another special experience in the north west. Had our wedding reception at the same venue 33 years ago and it's just gets better each time we return!
Congratulations to the owners and management for improving life's treasures in this world of efficiency saving :)

Stayed May 2014
Annie M, Guest Relations Manager at Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you so much for this lovely review. It is especially nice to welcome back famililar faces.
I am really pleased to read to read that all of the team looked after you so well during your stay, it sounds like you both had a wonderful time.

We all look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

From making my Reservations enquiry to eating breakfast on our day of departure, my wife and I enjoyed fantastic Customer Service: The Hotel & Spa's staff was always found to be both available and happy to fulfil our needs; extra milk and coffee was delivered promptly upon request, food and drink was served quickly whilst presented beautifully and tasting exquisite. My wife and I left the establishment feeling that our hard-earned was very well spent.

• Stayed May 2014
Annie M, Guest Relations Manager at Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for awarding Thornton Hall a fabulous 5 Stars - Thank you!

I am so happy to read your wonderful comments and how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I hope to welcome you again very soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here for a friends wedding and the service was impeccable at the Wedding apart from the extra £100 they double charged me for my room! which I didn't get back for 14 days! Trying to get in touch with a member of staff in the hotel was a nightmare and the way they dealt with my missing money was terrible, there was a lot of if's and but's but no offer of compensation for my money being missing for two weeks. the only thing they said is that they don't take holding payments anymore after my ordeal! whether that is true or not I haven't a clue. Overall the wedding was fantastic but the whole missing money ordeal will make me never stay here again or recommend it to my friends or family

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Day_tripper1234
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighed to read that you thoroughly enjoyed celebrating your friends wedding at Thornton Hall.

We have now reviewed our check in and pre-authorisation procedures so I am extremely sorry to have caused any inconvenience.

Dacula, Georgia
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Many of the staff had an attitude . Starting at the reception when one of our party wanted to pay in cash . What was the big deal , 3 others in two rooms wanted to pay by card . All the palava delayed us getting to the coffee shop for the first part of our spa day. Just got the coffee and sthe staff came to first two , had to leave it. Paid for deluxe spa, included complimentary toiletries and case . Only put one in each room when they knew there was 4 ladies . Had to ask twice for them. First time at at spa break so didnt know what to do. Wasn't given bag with robe etc in , consequently had to put my clothes back on after massage - greasy !!! . Meal - well after paying for deluxe, with a £34 allowance i was a but miffed to be asked to cough up£3 for a each portion of vegetables to go with the meat. You are kiddin !!!. . Retired to the bar , bar staff didntbhave a clue ! Very disappointed , wont be going back

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Anastaciahausen
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am disappointed to read your review as I can honestly say that everybody working at both the hotel and spa work extremely hard and each offer nothing but first class customer service. I am sorry that you felt this was not the case. I am suprised that you say you did not receive your robe and towel upon arrival but I will certainly look into.

I would like to assure you that we always strive to meet and exceed our guests expectations so all feedback is most welcome.

cornwall
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed on a Tuesday night at the end of April and we couldn't have asked for more. We had a fabulous room- quiet, comfortable, stylish and large. Excellent value- we didn't have breakfast as we'd had a large meal the evening before so we just paid for the room. The leisure facilities were fantastic with a large swimming pool, two outdoor hot tubs, a Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and a snow cave!! The service was top notch, even down to fresh milk brought to our room within 2 minutes for our cup of tea, I think it is testament to the management that all the staff, from those working on maintenance, leisure and bar to those reception were consistently friendly, helpful and polite. Wi-fi was efficient and free. All in all a lovely stay, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
What a wonderful heading to your review - thank you!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience and for awarding Thornton Hall a wonderful 5 Stars!

I am delighed to read how much you enjoyed your time with us. We are very lucky to have such a great team working at both the hotel and spa and I know they will enjoy reading your review and your appreciation you have given to them.

We all hope to welcome you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton Hough
Leverhulme Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Port Sunlight
Central Liverpool
30 James Street, Home of the Titanic
Village Hotel Wirral
#1 of 3 in Bromborough
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,470 reviews

Been to Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!