Check in quick,staff very helpful.
Room overlooking gardens and gazebo was nice with outside balcony. Maintenance outside balcony of room 320 required as paint peeling.
Good points about room was the bed HUGE and very comfy!
TV did not have sky sports but reception sorted some channels out although not all. Room did have both shower and TV in bathroom
One thing really letting room down was lack of fridge and basics such as complimentary bottled water.
We had afternoon tea and summer cocktails at 2 on the lawns which was a lovely experience....the scones were fresh out of the oven and delicious!! The cocktails were great too. The service was pleasant and quick.
A problem with wasps which the hotel are working hard to address.
Get those gutters cleared though guys,seeing weeds growing in them is not a good look!
3.30 we headed to the spa for a his and hers massage and fascial which was very relaxing.
We really enjoyed the tranquility room,the outdoor hot tubs and sunbathing overlooking the fields. The swimming pool was lovely as was the jacuzzi.
THE FINE DINING
At 8.30 we ate in the restaurant,the same lady who had served us earlier in the day was working and was great.
For me,the meal was a let down and really nothing special or what I was expecting for three aa rosettes. I had tuna to start followed by veal with lobster,unfortunately neither blew me away. I had a cheese board and did enjoy that. My husband had soup and for main a steak,at £29 it was the most expensive,uninteresting sirloin steak ever!!
Service was quick and pleasant it was mid week and quiet.
Full English was just very standard and nothing special.
I would probably come here again for a spa experience but would not recommend it if you enjoy fabulous food,if I came again I would eat off site.
Hopefully the hotel will take on board some of the comments and fix the small maintenance issues and rooms really need fridges,water and air con.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious Spa Resort - 20 minutes from Liverpool and Chester. Free high speed Wifi throughout the hotel, including all bedrooms, Smart TV's now in every bedroom offering a huge selection of channels and interactive services including Sky Sports 1,2 & 3, free car parking. Nestled in the Wirral Countryside and conveniently located for Manchester, Merseyside & North Wales. Our luxurious four star hotel offers state of the art conference facilities for up to 650 delegates & event management along with one of the finest Spas in the North West, offering an amazing array of spa treatments and spa packages to suit everyone, both Holistic and Clinical treatments. 20 metre pool, outdoor Hydro Spa Pools, Gym, Sauna, Steam Room, Tranquility Suite and New Rasul Room, makeup styling Suite and additional dual treatment room. Plus Golf Breaks playing at Heswall Golf Club one of the finest courses in the region. Delighted to be Headquarter hotel to the R&A Open Golf Championship 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornton Hall Hotel And Spa
- Thornton Hall Hotel Thornton Hough
- Hotel Thornton Hall
- Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa Thornton Hough, Wirral