“Miss Loughran”
Review of The Corner House

The Corner House
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Kilwinning
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Description: A relaxed and stylish destination in the heart of Kilwinning, The new-look Corner House will offer all day eating and drinking in a relaxed and comfortable environment.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First time ever in the Corner House heard a lot about it. The meal was lovely but the service could of been a lot better. Waited quite a bit for our drinks waitress wasn’t customer friendly wanted another drink had to wait I mean the place wasn’t busy and at one point the front of house and the waitress were too busy must be catching up on the gossip as sat right behind desk never once approached and asked if everything was okay with meal. Really disappointed

1  Thank Ellen L

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Came here as a one off as we were passing through. We shared the haggis pakoras as a starter which were very tasty and did not take long to demolish, for mains my partner had the specialty burger which he thoroughly enjoyed, I however opted for a lighter mains which was the sticky Korean pork ramen, which I have to say is the best ramen I have ever had,it was sticky, sweet and spicy and I must say, I did not leave a single drop in my bowl. I would highly recommend this place even if you are just passing by. The staff are very professional and made us feel very welcome and were very tentative with looking after us. Cannot fault this place and would definitely return at a drop of a hat.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

We went to the Corner House for a meal to celebrate my wife's birthday. I had booked online, and added to special occasions that it was her birthday. We had a very warm welcome on arrival, and even although it was busy, the service was very good. The meals looked and tasted great. When our dessert arrived, the staff had added a candle to my wife's plate & proceeded to sing happy birthday to her. Big thanks to Martin & Kenny.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Enjoyed a meal with friends at The Corner House, this is part of the Buzzwords chain. Have eaten in quite a few of their restaurants but think the Corner House is the best. Although the menus are similar and the food is good in them all The Corner House seems to have something 'else', the atmosphere and staff are great. Very enjoyable meal at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

We went there for a birthday dinner and I would definitely recommend this place to everyone. The atmosphere was very relaxed and staff very helpful and friendly.
We really enjoyed the food, I ordered a steak which was cooked to perfection. My dessert was amazing: warm chocolate brownie! The only disappointing thing was the wine, I probably should have gone for a gin instead. The place is also child friendly, our toddler received a warm welcome.