“Faulty Towers!!”

Cuisines: European, Greek
Redditch
“Faulty Towers!!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

We were a table of 4, 2 couples. This restaurant looks absolutely fantastic from first impressions. Excellent central location, beautiful architecture & a decent enough menu to draw you in. Sadly it all ends there!
We were seated by an extremely over the top gent, lots of showing off & lavish claims which to be honest is parr of the course. We ordered our drinks then food, the drinks arrived where upon our Ott host ordered the waitress around, again showing off! Whilst this performance was in full flow he recited our food order to her, in greek of course. This is where the fun begins!!!!
We had bread arrive with tasty dips to accompany it, not ordered but never the less lovely & again this is parr for the course over here. Then after 40 mins or so arrived a greek salad, which yes we'd ordered but to go with our main courses but to save problems we all tucked in probably because we were starving too. So we polished off the salad whilst Mr Ott continued with his one man act, I actually asked him to not talk so loudly. He was virtual shouting over our heads whilst pouring our drinks & making a general idiot of himself.
Finally after an hour & a quarter our food arrived, well it did for 3 of us as one main was missing. We just thought the waiter was going back to collect the final dish but no Mr Ott was upon us again apologising very very quietly that the dish had been missed BUT it would be out asap.......unfortunately no food arrived. No waiter or waitress came back to the table & more to the point Mr Ott had disappeared! Vanished into thin air! On several occasions we all tried to engaged with a member of staff but without success so finally one of our party ventured inside & spoke with the barman but still no food or service arrived at our table. At this point the 3 mains which had arrived had been eaten much to everyone's unhappiness that we'd got one of our party still unfed. So anyway we finally decided to just go, pay the bill & find food elsewhere for our poor unfed friend!! Asked for the bill & said we weren't waiting any longer, 10 mins no one came. So grabbed someone else who produced a handheld ordering device. We checked our bill obviously to make sure the the missing food wasn't included ( which it wasn't) & said that we weren't prepared to pay the bill in full, for obvious reasons! Unfortunately the waiter wasn't authorised to reduce our bill & said there was no management available either but if we could wait someone would be out to sort the bill out. During this whole time Mr Ott hid inside (we were sat outside). The barman was seemingly watching us to make sure we didn't do a runner. Eventually we'd had enough & we all agreed between ourselves to take off our 'unfed friends' drinks off the bill & I took the money into the bar area where I was greeted by a full scale argument between around 3/4 of the staff! When they spotted me you could of heard a pin drop....I simply popped the money on the bar & explained to the barman our decision & left. No apology, nothing!
Thankfully we all have a good enough sense of humour to laugh it off (hence the Faulty Towers reference) but never the less very very disappointed & the moral of the story is 'appearances can be deceptive!'

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent local cuisine”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I was looking for a nice local restaurant close to the port area -where my hotel is. I came past this one and decided to stay as it was the one with more locals and less tourists. Good decision. I sat dawn in the terrace and could enjoy the local ambient.
The Zakynthonian Salas (feta cheese, local olives and capers, tomatos) almost brought tears to my eyes. Authentic.The local beer Mythos tastes great and refreshing.
I asked the waitress for a dessert, she recommended Frigagná (that is how it sounded, as in italian, sorry my greek is poor), a local pudding with liqueur-flavoured ice-cream. Amazing. Very good value for the money.

• Visited June 2013