“Peaceful nest in Kypseli...although...”
Review of Arkadia Hotel

Arkadia Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kypseli
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Kypseli is a magnificent and tranquil village for those travelers who love calm and peaceful boonies close to the pure nature. The hotel is located at the end of a narrow side street (app.1,5~2 km away from the main road) and among other private houses, villas. You definitely will need a rented vehicle to discover the island with its attractions (Blue caves, Keri’s flag etc.) or simply to reach an authentic restaurant (called: taverna) to taste traditional and mouth-watering local food and wine.
Hotel Arkadia and its services:
Rooms are spacious and well-furnished, incl. a kitchenette with basic accessories which are fine enough. Sleeping quality could be great on the wide and thick mattresses but regrettably the very loud music and some clamorous company from the poolside ruined most of our evening from 11pm till blush. The reception and restaurant area were similar to a hangar since there is no any sound-isolation door which prevents the rooms from this loud cacophony thus it goes to guest corridors and it was very disturbing. Beside of late night jangles, the bar and restaurant is inviting although beverage prices are rather expensive as regularly or in compare to similar restaurants nearby.
Breakfast: small variety of goods and slowly replenished buffet... it should be far better…
First and last, the entire ambiance is well (fine hotel building, nice and clean pool), facilities are in good condition.
Only if the management (hotel owner) could solve this technical deficiency of weak soundproofing issue, that will be beatific, otherwise it will remain a drawback.
To my mind the easiest way is to soften on the volume at late night so in this wise take into consideration of other guests.

Room Tip: Book on the 1st or 2nd floors to escape from echoing noises of lobby and bar area. At the left wing...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Arkadia Hotel

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 9 nights and it was a very pleasant stay.
It is a family run hotel so the owner Mr Agelos , his wife Mary and their family looked after us for the whole stay.
The bedroom is very large and spotless clean. Large balcony, a/c, kitchenette, large bathroom.
The only downside was the TV, there were just Greek channels :(

We booked with halfboard included and I must say we are extremely satisfied w/the quality of food and service we got at this hotel. The owner grows his own veg and buys only local quality food. His wife cooks perfectly, we could not wait to go to the hotel and have a nice dinner :)

The breakfast offers also a fair choice of food (continental and hot food like eggs , sausages, pizza) I just would suggest to add a basic thing such cold water which is missing from the buffet.

The hotel is located in a rural setting, with lots of gardens, olive trees, lemon trees and you are waken up by cock crows . the atmosphere is very relaxed so its perfect for who is looking for a relaxed and laid back holidays, far from nightlife and touristic areas w/shops and bars.

You definitely need to hire a car as the nearest supermarket is located around 1 km away from the hotel. Mr Agelos has got a car hire company so you can negotiate w/him a nice deal for your car rental which we did. Another good thing is that hotel provides a free transfer from the airport which is quite nice.

We have been to many hotels in many countries but this hotel gave us something special, can see the pride the owners Agelos and Mary take in running their business at their best and I can confirm that have succeeded.

thank you again!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frikketz86
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We are 6 person family and really enjoyed our one week holiday in Arkadia Hotel. This was our first time in Arkadia but the third time in Zakynthos / Kypseli. The hotel was just what we hoped it would be. This was the first time ever when our room was big enough for us, also had 2 balconies =). The manager Mr. Aggelos and his wife Mary and the whole staff were wonderful and loved children.The food was stunning, homemade and fresh (own tomatoes etc., thanks Mary =)) Location is quiet and relaxing little village, renting a car is recommended. The owner can easily arrange you one. Nice beaches at walking distance and the hotel's pool area was also very attempting =)
Thanks for everything and hope to see You all soon!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2012

What makes this review uncommon is the fact that it's been made by an employee and not by a client. I know very well that there are employees who pretend to be others when leaving their comments but I prefer to do it the right way. I am almost a graduant of Economics and I decided that what I would like to do to make a living is to work as a Hospitality Manager. To manage doing this I have to collect some references for my CV and of course to gain experience on the field. I sent my CV and while there were "doors kept closed" there was a man that called me back. This man is Mr. Agelos, the owner. All good words claimed in the reviews are more than true plus one more extraordinary characteristic... he has the kindness of giving the opportunity to young people to work. For all this three months that I had been working in this hotel there was not even a single time that I felt he was unfair. All his family, made the environment so familiar that it was like serving my own family. I could say that what he taught me was way more important than what I would learn at a 5 stars resort. many times I felt tired but I always knew that I could ask for help, that I would truly have. I won't say anything about the facilities... I will only comment that all these nights that I spent sleeping in the hotel, after having a tiring day, there was a perfect sound that accompanied my ears, the sound of the sea that was as clear as it would be if had slept on the beach. Finally, I would like to thank not only Mr. Agelos and his family but also all these guests that made this summer extremely important for me.
HINT: if you choose to spend your holiday there don't miss the BARBECUE nights... ;)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank Mariloo K
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We are currently staying at the Arkadia Hotel in Kipsili on Zakynthos.

I can confirm that all the good reviews are correct and this place definitely has something special to offer.

The hotel itself is quite new and immaculately kept. You can see the pride the owners Angelos and Mary take in running their business to the highest standards. The bar and pool area are quite social and all the guests are relaxed enough to chat with each other and with the staff. The pool is gorgeous and plenty of seats and lounges around it.

It was a little difficult to find as we brought our hire car with us onto the island and didn't make arrangements for anyone from the hotel to meet us, but I know this is a service they offer. They will happily arrange a hire car for you once you are here which would have been a more practical option than bringing a hire car over on the ferry.

Now for the food. It is everything written in other good reviews and more. My Mother In Law is Greek and would be mortified to hear me say that this is the best Greek food I have ever eaten. We didn't officially order our meal but let Angelos arrange something for us and we were not disappointed with his selection. All vegetables are home grown and the eggs fresh from their own chickens.

If you are looking to really escape from reality this is the place to come.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Back home again for one week now, trying to cope with the reality of daily life... after such a relaxing holiday in the paradise of the Arkadia hotel in Zante.
This is our second time there (3rd time in Zante), and arriving there after a hectic day of traveling from home (we missed our original flight!) to Zakynthos, it was a "coming home" experience. Seeing Agelos and Mary (the hotel owner and his lovely wife) again was just like we just said goodbye the day before. The Arkadia hotel is not in the middle of the touristic centers of the island. Which is good, because in Zakynthos, the beautiful spots are not where the big hotels are. There is a beautiful lawn beach a 100 m away from the hotel, very clean and cozy, not on the tourist maps and therefore mainly used by locals. We often used it for ending our day, to have a last swim, a bit of reading with a beer or having a chat with the beach bar man (Sakis, funny guy). And whatever our activity of the day had been, coming back to the relaxed atmosphere of the Arkadia hotel was every time the confirming boost of our holiday feeling. Because of the warm atmosphere in the hotel, we were mingling with the other hotel guests in no time, and our evenings (nights) mostly ended up in exchanging experiences with the others, collecting ideas for the next day and getting the valuable advices of Agelos, Mary and their friends. There are a few nice authentic restaurants in the area (not like those where the waiters pull your arm to guide you inside)... a few times even we were invited in the kitchen to select the catch of the day... delicious. But over all, when at the time of coming back to the hotel at the end of the day, Agelos told us that Mary was cooking some local specialty that evening, this was every time a feast. Mary is such a good cook and she uses the most fresh meat and vegetables you can think of... right from their own garden.

Congrats Agelos, you have built a nice place there. We, and many others, will be back. We hope time goes well for you and for Greece. We love the country and we love the island. We only have superlatives for you, your family and your staff and we thank you all for such a nice and relaxing holiday again. High Five, see you next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eric_Kumiko
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My daughter & I had a marvellous 1 week stay at the Arkadia Hotel and returned yesterday. Aug. 2012 The hotel/apartments are very comfortable, clean and relaxing along with very kind and good service. The apartments have a sea view and large balcony comfortable beds and spacious bathroom. Must recommend for anyone who is looking to be away from the lively more tourist parts as located within olive and lemon groves in a peaceful rural area. Our airport transfers by taxi were included. The pool is clean and the closest beach is about a 5 mins walk. Breakfast is a buffet with plenty of choice. The bar is well stocked and also offers bar snacks. Very reasonably priced too for a luxury apartment hotel. Agelos and Mary are both welcoming and helpful and work very hard to ensure their guests enjoy their stay and offer a very personalised service to all.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gill M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kypseli
Lesante Blu Exclusive Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Agios Kirikos
Balcony Hotel
Balcony Hotel
#3 of 51 in Tsilivi

Been to Arkadia Hotel? Share your experiences!