“Great...... go clockwise!”
Review of Navajo Trail

Navajo Trail
More attraction details
Owner description: The 2.2-mile trail takes hikers down 521 feet into the magnificent canyon, so make sure you bring lots of film.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

A fab walk, a little strenuous but nothing too bad. It starts off with a steep 'Lombard Street' style group of switchbacks. Fine as long as you're wearing the correct footwear - a man in front of us slipped, but he was wearing flip flops! Combine it with the queens garden trail -about 2.8 miles in total back to sunset point.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We all loved this hike. It was one of the highlights of our vacation. Actually being able to hike through the hoodoos is an experience. We started hiking to the left of the loop. It was steep going down, but happy I did not have to come back up that way. Towards the end you come to the switchbacks which were really cool, but to me, made it easier going back up the steep incline. It was more gradual this way. It is hot, so bring water! I think later in the day you probably have more shade which you will appreciate! My children are 7 and 8 and did it without a complaint. No way you are pushing a stroller on this trail! We saw some children around 4 and 5 who did it as well, but any younger and I don't think I would suggest it. It is a wonderful experience and one that I highly recommend!! If you start hiking and you feel you can't do anymore, you can always turn around!!! Slow and steady!!

2  Thank Julestwo
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I went clockwise on this loop trail. The decent is steep. My toenails were ramming the front of my shoe. The views are wonderful. The ascent is tiring with many switchbacks. This is a popular hike. It is well worth going into the canyon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If the "moderate" level of difficulty for these loops are intimidating you, you can according to your capacity go down these loops and climb back up the same distance. You will not regret the effort. The trails are wide and well maintained.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Navajo Trail gives you a good sight of hoodoos from up and down. You get to see vegetation too. Although Wall street is closed at present, it is worse going all the way till the "trail closed" sign.

The trail has a lot of switchbacks and is quite strenuous. You almost forget to enjoy the view as you go up.

We combined this trail with Queen Garden, going down QG and up NT. I planned to do it the other way around but the ranger at visitor center advised us to do so. I think it is wise since going down NT might put a hell lot of pressure on your knees! Maybe with batons.

1  Thank Demi007