“Stay away”

Foster's Family Steak House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vilvoorde, Belgium
“Stay away”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Pleasantly surprised by the interior, as the motel rooms outside looked more than rundown. But it pretty much went downhill from there.

I had a choice between salad and soup: as some of the salad ingredients didn't really look fresh, I chose the french onion soup which was reasonably good (but probably not or only partially home made).
The "chuck wagon" I ordered: dry, overcooked and absolutely tasteless minced beef, I barely managed to eat half. Mashed potatoes drowned in some sort of bechamel sauce (a white sauce that we recognised from several other restaurants, clearly mass produced/bought). The vegetables, just like the gravy, looked very familiar from other not so good restaurants. But at least they were baked (instead of the usual steamed vegetables), so it had some flavor. But what do the accompaniments matter when the main ingredient has been massacred...

Boyfriend's hamburger was OK.

We shared some pecan pie afterwards (as a consolation for my main dish) which was OK.

I wouldn't recommend this place, not much cooking going on in their kitchen. And the cutlery wasn't particularly clean.

• Visited October 2013

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Bloomsburg
“pass it by”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This place served below average food in a diner atmosphere. My soup was OK. I ordered salmon and it came out uncooked- really , it was barely warm inside and the skin was on. I'm not even sure how it was prepared. It wasn't grilled, broiled, baked, poached. I'm really not sure. I sent it back and didn't get my food until after everyone else was finished. The mashed potatoes were lumpy and covered in some white gravy. I thought it was bearnaise sauce, but it tasted like flour. And the bathroom was dirty!

“Good Food”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had dinner there one night of our visit to Bryce.Seated soon after arriving. Friendly staff. I had a club sandwich with potato salad. the potato salad was very good. Sandwich very filling, great taste. My husband had the Featured hamburger/fries. Burger well done but not overly. Food here was good over all and price was fair. Only negative, no Coke or DP products..

1 Thank Suzanne905
Melbourne, Australia
“OK given limited options”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We had a Bryce burger and nachos, which were fine but had nothing to distinguish them from the ordinary. It's good they have a small size steak on the kids' menu. The kids' fries were overcooked. The salad bar looked woeful. We were too full to try the fruit pies baked on the premises, but they looked good. Service was slow, although we were the only customers left by 7pm. Prices were reasonable. Located not far from Ruby's, on the highway near the airport.

The next day we visited the associated store and bakery, thinking we would try some fruit pie. They were sparsely stocked, and the staff didn't make us feel welcome. We ended up buying some donuts and an expensive baguette, which didn't taste freshly baked.

1 Thank mifinkeel
“Low price and delicious”
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is approx 5 min. drive from Tropica. When you enter you face a sparsely furnished eatery. However, the waitress was committed and the food was astonishingly good. I had a prime rib that was perfectly cooked soft, juicy and tender. Even more surprising was the price of $22 for 16 oz. especially if one considers that there are only few option nearby to get dinner. Foster's is a clear recommendation

• Visited September 2013