“Mind-blowing views!”

Crater Lake National Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Beautiful lake which is the centerpiece of Crater Lake National Park.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Crater lake is one of most beautiful places I have ever visited. Views of the lake from every angle is great. You can enjoy the views from the view points accessible by car. (for those who are lazy to take trails!). However, there is a short, but steep trail, which takes you to the actual lake as well.
In late summer there are boating services as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,458)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Wow! We didn't have much time to spend at Crater Lake (only a few hours) but it the view was spectacular. I've never seen water so blue. I was concerned when we got to the information center because it started snowing a little. I was happy to see that we had great visibility once we got up to the rim. Like other reviewers have stated, I don't know I'd go back in June due to the weather. It was really cold and there was still a bunch of snow on the ground. The east rim drive was closed due to the weather which was okay for us because we wanted to drive a short section on the west rim drive until we reached why 138 heading to Roseburg. If we were to go back I'd definitely go in the summer and spend a few days at Crater Lake so we could hike some of the trails and get a boat ride out to Wizard Island (which wasn't running yet in mid-June).

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Crater Lake is a wonderful locale for a 1 to 7 day trip. You won't believe the cobalt blue color of the water. You can easily drive both the North and South rim in a day with plenty of time for all the lookouts or you can spend more days staying at the lodge or campground. There are many hiking trails to enjoy, plus you can take the boat out to Wizard Island and spend the day exploring and fishing.
This should be on everyone's bucket list.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Maybe it was because we went on Friday the 13th, but our trip up was awful because we couldn't see a thing it was snowing so hard in June. Disappointed that the weather was not good on the 1 day we had to go visit this place. It was 32 degrees and a white out at the top and the lake was not visible. Next time I will definitely come later in the year like August or September.

1  Thank dshendri
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Not sure why this is titled Rogue River. Crater Lake is not a river nor is it fed by one. It is, however, the most amazing gigantic pool of sapphire blue water I have ever seen. We visited in June and almost six feet of snow still stood on the ground. The rim road was clear and there were many pull outs to look out over the water. The Lodge is beautiful and a peaceful place to sit and warm yourself by the fire and have a snack or a meal in the Great Hall or restaurant. Grandpa’s Hot Cocoa hit the spot and warmed me all the way through. The rockers outside are comfortable and a nice place to sit and gaze at the blue. We also stopped at the café and gift shop. Something for every price range. They have camping, snowmobiling and hiking and enough to do to spend an entire day. Have not spent the night at the lodge but it is on our list for next visit.

1  Thank Rebekajean