“Awesome fall campsite” 5 of 5 bubbles

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome fall campsite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife with our 2 dogs decided to make a last minute camping trpi to This state park to enjoy some quiet time away from town. not only was the weather awesome mid 60s during the day and high 30s over night the camp hosts were very friendly and helpful. the nearby boat ramp was free during the fall"off season" and made a nice fishing day out on the lake. We tent camp and the cost was only $13.00 per night and for an RV its only $16.00. Lots of space in very large campsights with bathrooms and HOT showers in each camp area. a great place to camp for a short get away and awesome fishing with very few boats on the water.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ncdodave

Fresno, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A Great 'First Time' Camping Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Never having camped before, I was a bit anxious about embarking on this trip. We drove about 8 hours to reach the campsite - a LONG way if things didn't go well. I was very pleasantly surprised from the moment we drove into the park. First of all, the signage to the campgrounds were very visable from the highway, rendering it nearly impossible to miss the turnoff. We drove in around 7 p.m. on a Friday evening and waited just a few minutes for our turn at the check-in station for our campsite assignment. The rangers were helpful and quickly got us checked in and provided directions to the site, which was EASY to find as the sites are well marked. I was actually quite surprised at how big the sites were! There was plenty of grass, shade and space to set up camp. We were with a group of several other families and all the sites were placed close to each other so it was not a big deal to get to the "base camp".

The rangers patrol the area regularly and the shower/bathroom facilities were located centrally to the campsites however not having any prior experience I can't comment to how they rank compared to similar parks/camping facilities. They were fairly clean given the surroundings and the shower stalls were large enough to shower while keeping clothing changes and towels dry.

The lake is accessible via paved hiking trails & dirt paths and the marina was about 2 miles away - a very nice hike. The water was clean and the hiking trails were well maintained.

The only glitch (and I hesitate to even call it that) was that there seemed to be a profuse number of wasps/yellow jackets dive bombing the food whenever we had it out, which was just at mealtimes. The food was taken out when it was time to eat and promptly put away, so it wasn't like it was out for hours at a time. The wasps were pesky and pervasive. Yellow jackets were also a bit of a problem at the 2 lake coves that we went to access swimming. Nobody was stung, but we had to watch where we were walking. We spend a lot of time swatting wasps and yellow jackets away.

LATE NIGHT PEOPLE BE ADVISED: The rangers make MANY patrols around the grounds at night and they will stop and deal with loud campers. The 10 PM - 7 AM Quiet Time is tightly enforced.

I would definitely return to this park again.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Maryannestravel
Portland, Oregon
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Too little privacy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have mixed feelings about this campsite. The amenities offered are great if you're looking for some elite camping: hot showers, flush toilets, a little grill in each site, and constant patrolling around the area by park rangers. Here is the thing though...the campsites in themselves are quite exposed and there is no clear delineations between them that would allow you to determine whether you are overstepping the boundaries of someone else's site or not. So, you're pretty much out there camping with an entire group of people. Generally, I wouldn't have a problem with this if people were respectful. This is what I found unusual. Despite a constant night patrol and a rather rude comment from a park ranger asking me to leash my dogs while I played fetch with them - no one ever came by to put an end to the party a group of teenagers were having next to our campsite. Perhaps the worst part was that these kids were drinking and uttering all sorts of crazy things right next to a group of people that I can only assume were their parents...so if you're looking for privacy, forget these sites. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything closer to Crater Lake when I booked the sites. Other than this, they are located about another 45 minutes to the rim drive of Crater Lake and pretty close to a cute restaurant and ice cream shop next to a lookout for the Rogue Gorge.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank vyakal
Payette, Idaho
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“This is one more wonderful Oregon State Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

What more could you want? Lost Creek Lake is vast and lovely. The camp sites are treed, large, and quiet. The restrooms are clean with good showers. Crater Lake is close and the scenic byway through the forest is beautiful.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Crankydoc
Klamath Falls, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Campground for family!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

I just stayed there this past week with my wife's family and other than the heat(104 degress) it was a wonderful state park. Our campsites were great. They had great shade, they were clean with plenty of grass for our twin boys to play. The campground had a full playground for children which was nice for the boys. The Park rangers were polite and helpful. If there was a downside, it was no lake access from the campground. It is a short drive to get to the swimming area but I would recommend camping here earlier in the summer because the lake was really low and the actual beach area was a mile away from the water. The so called beach was full of muddy sand and big rocks and weeds which are normally underwater.

Visited August 2012