We recently stayed for 3 nights in a dune view room and had a fantastic time. Our room was spacious, really comfortable with a full fridge, bath/shower and tv. The whole property is very well laid out with a bar/restaurant, general store, gift shop and helpful reception staff who will give advice on places to visit, upcoming ranger talks etc. Everything is very clean. There is a gas station here which is very convenient (and surprisingly, reasonably priced!). The food in the bar was simple and tasty and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We were there during one of the movie nights (which I think are every week or two) and they showed The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on a big screen with free popcorn - lots of fun! Mosaic Canyon and the dunes are both a 2 minute drive away. I highly recommend both, especially the dunes at sunrise. Really magical. Furnace Creek is around a 20min drive. The property is large so it's easy to find a quiet spot for a sundowner..the skies at night are spectacular. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, by far the best hotel of our 2 week road trip through California. Go for a dune view room and you will not be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stovepipe Wells Village hotels, located in the heart of Death Valley National Park, is the ultimate destination for adventure traveler and families searching to explore all that Death Valley has to offer. Authentically western, rustic yet comfortable, Stovepipe Wells Village is a unique, full-service hotel featuring the Badwater Saloon and Tollhouse Restaurant. Our hotel is a full-service destination offering a variety of amenities including a gas station and a full-stocked General Store. After hiking around the badlands, sand dunes and canyons, Stovepipe Wells Village is more than a welcome sight with our friendly, knowledgeable staff, great food and cold drinks. It's a place where history is made and legends born. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Stovepipe Wells Village Resort