We picked Stovepipe Wells as the base for our two-day family trip to Death Valley over New Year because of its location, price and (we hoped) relative distance from the busier, more touristy Furnace Creek.
Two adjoining deluxe queen rooms fitted the bill exactly - in fact they were much bigger and more comfortable than we expected - and from start to finish we received excellent, helpful and professional service from all the staff working at the hotel.
The dining room could have made a killing with a captive audience on New Year's Eve but instead delivered a high quality three course fixed menu for a reasonable price. Our meals were delicious.
The $12 buffet breakfast was the only area in which we felt the hotel might have performed better - it was average and we skipped the second morning.
Proximity wise, we were exactly where we wanted to be for the likes of the Mesquite Dunes, Mosaic Canyon and back-roading up Saline Valley, and when we stopped at Furnace Creek on the way out we were really pleased we had chosen not to stay there.
All in all, Stovepipe met and at times exceeded our expectations, and we would return again if we ever get the opportunity to spend more time in Death Valley, which we loved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stovepipe Wells Village hotels, located in the heart of Death Valley National Park, is the ultimate destination for adventure traveler and families searching to explore all that Death Valley has to offer. Authentically western, rustic yet comfortable, Stovepipe Wells Village is a unique, full-service hotel featuring the Badwater Saloon and Tollhouse Restaurant. Our hotel is a full-service destination offering a variety of amenities including a gas station and a full-stocked General Store. After hiking around the badlands, sand dunes and canyons, Stovepipe Wells Village is more than a welcome sight with our friendly, knowledgeable staff, great food and cold drinks. It's a place where history is made and legends born. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Stovepipe Wells Village Resort