We spent three nights here and other than an extremely noisy air-conditioner, it was comfortable, clean, quiet and most importantly, in a great location. It's not luxury. The rooms are a nice size, with two queen beds, and plenty of space to spread out your photo gear. There is no internet or cellphone service in your room. There is one payphone in the 'village'. The village consists of a general store, saloon, restaurant, pool, and guest lounge (where there is very spotty and slow internet). My cellphone would text message in the saloon but I couldn't make calls. I was forced to disconnect and hey, that wasn't so bad at all! Loved the pool - it was refreshing and after returning from sunrise hikes or drives, and as the temperatures went above 100 degrees, the pool was great and not crowded at all in the early afternoon. Breakfast was a little expensive but they had fresh fruit! Staff were pleasant and accommodating. We drove down to Furnace Creek, which is a much larger village, but also much busier and noisier (although I can't speak for the nights). I was happy where we were. And Death Valley is awesome (and desolate for the most part). The Lobotomy beer hit the spot after a dusty, hot day in the desert.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stovepipe Wells Village hotels, located in the heart of Death Valley National Park, is the ultimate destination for adventure traveler and families searching to explore all that Death Valley has to offer. Authentically western, rustic yet comfortable, Stovepipe Wells Village is a unique, full-service hotel featuring the Badwater Saloon and Tollhouse Restaurant. Our hotel is a full-service destination offering a variety of amenities including a gas station and a full-stocked General Store. After hiking around the badlands, sand dunes and canyons, Stovepipe Wells Village is more than a welcome sight with our friendly, knowledgeable staff, great food and cold drinks. It's a place where history is made and legends born. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Stovepipe Wells Village Resort