You really only have two choices if you wish to stay in Death Valley - here or Furnace Creek. Furnace Creek is a seriously expensive affair that insulates you from your environment. In Stovepipe Wells you have comfortable accommodations and you feel you are really in the desert.
Our room would best be described as an upmarket motel room. Clean with all the necessary facilities. In particular a fridge to decant the contents of your cooler into! We skipped breakfast as we wanted to be on the road to see the sights before the worst of the heat (no hiking...even serious strolling...in the summer after 10am). So we bought drinks and fruit from the store (just opposite) the night before. A nice touch is they give you a voucher for a pack of ice to replenish your cooler for the day ahead.
We loved the pool, a real blessing in such heat. We chose to dine in the bar rather than the restaurant. They share a kitchen, but the atmosphere was less stuffy with a child in tow. We ordered a bunch of starters and had a great sharing feast for a reasonable cost. We also enjoyed playing on the pool table.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stovepipe Wells Village hotels, located in the heart of Death Valley National Park, is the ultimate destination for adventure traveler and families searching to explore all that Death Valley has to offer. Authentically western, rustic yet comfortable, Stovepipe Wells Village is a unique, full-service hotel featuring the Badwater Saloon and Tollhouse Restaurant. Our hotel is a full-service destination offering a variety of amenities including a gas station and a full-stocked General Store. After hiking around the badlands, sand dunes and canyons, Stovepipe Wells Village is more than a welcome sight with our friendly, knowledgeable staff, great food and cold drinks. It's a place where history is made and legends born. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Stovepipe Wells Village Resort