Having left the full-on bright lights of Las Vegas, which I absolutely love, this was a total contrast and an unexpected oasis in the middle of Death Valley. Just 2.5 hours out of Vegas and you're in another world. You feel like you've stepped back in time to a wild western and it's brilliant fun.
We stayed at the ranch for 1 night as our stop between Las Vegas and PCH and weren't really expecting much, but there's loads to do on site. There's a museum, which we didn't venture into as we were enjoying the pool, a couple of restaurants, a bar, a shop and even a post office. It's a whole town in the desert.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, though slightly dated; however, the bathrooms are much nicer. And as an added bonus, this is part of an ecological chain, using amazing products in the shower and promoting recycling, by not having small individually packaged shower gel, shampoo, soaps etc.
We had lunch in the bar - just a hot dog, but it was delish; dinner in the restaurant serving steak and not much else (but it was an amazing steak, cooked to perfection) and breakfast in the diner, which had a good selection. All were excellent value - we were anticipating paying much higher prices simply due to the location (literally the only place for miles).
I went for a walk around the ranch early in the morning while most things were shut and it has a magical feeling. Great time to get pictures of the sun rising high over the artifacts in the museum garden and out the front of the ranch.
Perfect for an unusual break in a beautiful valley.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis at Death, situated in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California is just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. This property hosts two hotels - the historic, 4-diamond, 66 room Inn at Death Valley and the more family oriented 224 room Ranch at Death Valley. The Inn at Death Valley offers guests elegant accommodations in the heart of Death Valley. This 4-diamond resort has operated for more than 86 years, and still pampers every guest. The Ranch at Death Valley has been welcoming guests since 1933 and offers a casual, family-like setting - the perfect complement to the classic elegance of the Inn at Death Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Inn at Death Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furnace Creek Inn And Ranch Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Furnace Creek Resort
- Furnace Creek Hotel
- Furnace Creek Ranch
- Furnace Creek Inn Death Valley