As someone here has said, these two hotels need to be seen separately. The 1927 gem that is the Inn is luxury personified. The Ranch down the hill is pretty ordinary downhome cowpoke stuff with a saloon and joints selling burgers.
Up here on the hill the dining and rooms are first class. You feel the ghosts of bygone greats. Was Scott Fitzgerald ever here. I'll bet he was. There are many original fitments in the rooms yet much more sympathetically improved. We stayed on the 4th floor of the main old building and had almost exclusive access to the forty square foot terrace to gaze at the night sky. Our view was across Death Valley to the Panamint Mountains opposite where we watched the sun set as he scoffed magnificent steaks. Our waiter intoned rhapsodies over our choice of wine in a deep baritone as rich as the Merlot.
We shall miss this place. It ain't cheap, but worth it for the luxury and the memories that will stay with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ranch at Death Valley, situated in Death Valley National Park, is just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. The Ranch at Death Valley offers accommodations in a casual, family-like setting — the perfect complement to the classic elegance of the Inn at Death Valley. As you wander around the expansive grounds, you’ll feel like you’ve been transported back to when this site was established as a working ranch. Yet, you’ll enjoy the amenities of modern civilization, like quiet, clean rooms, a spring-fed swimming pool, large grass lawns, sports courts, a children’s playground and the National Park Service Visitor’s Center – which is just a stone’s throw away. So is the 18-hole golf course – the lowest elevation course in the world – and Golf Pro Shop. The Ranch at Death Valley is the ideal place to stay when visiting Death Valley National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, bedfinder AG, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Oasis at Death Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furnace Creek Inn And Ranch Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Furnace Creek Resort
- Furnace Creek Hotel
- Furnace Creek Ranch
- Furnace Creek Inn Death Valley